Mack B Model Tandem Dump

67RModel

wow that thing looks real good well worth the bread especially with the low miles,,,i read a while back when they went to R model series,they had so mant B model parts left over,they continued to build them,till most of the overload of parts were used,,,,im sure alot of die hard old timers were still buying them well into 67,,,they were probably at a reasonably  discounted price as well...bob

• Like 2

I also heard that when the R model cam out there were a lot of left over B models sitting on dealer lots and Mack corporate authorized the dealers to switch some of the B models to R models by shipping them R model cabs and having the dealers change them. A letter "R" was stamped into the frame after the B model serial number. Any truth to this? The old timer who told me seemed pretty knowledgeable on the subject.....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 67RModel said:

I also heard that when the R model cam out there were a lot of left over B models sitting on dealer lots and Mack corporate authorized the dealers to switch some of the B models to R models by shipping them R model cabs and having the dealers change them. A letter "R" was stamped into the frame after the B model serial number. Any truth to this? The old timer who told me seemed pretty knowledgeable on the subject.....

they were called B C R's  . B model Converted to R model. waterbury Mack did a few back when they first came out. don't remember  stamping the frame. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...