THE GREEN HORNET

45 minutes ago, Mark T said:

Just a guess, but in my opinion ??? the air cleaner and ducting looks a little small for a Detroit .  If it was a Detroit it'd have been a 6-71 and they moved a lot of air through them.

I can't actually remember him saying what motor was in it. but I do know he had to replace the crank shaft in it once. He had a local fab shop build a engine stand for it and the local junk yard owner Army came over with one of his engine pickers and helped take it out. My Grandpa also said that Ol' Green Hornet pulled like a Freight train and blew black smoke all the way.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/26/2023 at 2:38 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

The 006 duck, how are you doing ?

Did you ever learn about the history of the Green Hornet ?

Hoping all is well and you had a great Christmas were ever you managed to pull up

Paul 

I'm doing well haven't had a chance to do anymore digging into The Green Hornets history. Had a great Christmas went down to my mother in laws again for Christmas 🎄.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 2:28 AM, Brocky said:

006, It will be hard to tell the exact year from those photos as the 200 series Brockway lasted for about 10 years with not many small changes..

Paul, American Joe Dog equals an Aussie "Jeep"

A Jo Dog set up ?

I gather this what a Jo Dog is that you all were talking about a while ago 

20240114_123946.thumb.jpg.8931258b6eed375e88a5f98218dd408e.jpg

Paul

On 1/13/2024 at 8:40 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

A Jo Dog set up ?

I gather this what a Jo Dog is that you all were talking about a while ago 

20240114_123946.thumb.jpg.8931258b6eed375e88a5f98218dd408e.jpg

Paul

Yes But I miss quoted which of My Grandpa's trucks he used it on. I believe it was on one of his Mack's. 

• Like 1

Good choice on the Kwik Loc video Swishy! lol  Roadway's Road Boss tandem tractors used a walking beam suspension with only one drive axle. Sure made for some nice looking trucks, long nose two tone blue and orange Whites.    .....Hippy 

First picture in the Video. Remember passing them in Ohio and Indiana or getting pushed on the Ho Chi Minh trail (209) in Penn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did the Kwik lock system ever catch on and become wide spread ?

It looks a little clunky to use and the US seems to love the pintle hook while the rest of the world uses the ringfeder

Sorry RD006 I  have completely trashed your thread here by taking it off topic

Paul

12 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

It looks a little clunky to use and the US seems to love the pintle hook while the rest of the world uses the ringfeder

Sorry RD006 I  have completely trashed your thread here by taking it off topic

Paul

Oh you're Fine Mate 🙂 

17 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Paul, l think twenty five or more years ago (+/-) it was way more popular with large freight companies than today. Many east coast states did not allow twenty eight foot double trailers. Interstate 90 (Massachusetts Turnpike and the New York Thruway system) you could pull double (40' to 42' to 45' now 48') footers for as long as l can remember.  https://www.mass.gov/doc/700-cmr-7-use-of-the-massachusetts-turnpike-and-the-metropolitan-highway-system/download  Double twenty eight foot trailers are allowed almost every where now so no need for a Kwik Loc anymore. Need to get mowerman to jump in here he pulls doubles all the time. Off subject again!    .....Hippy  

• Like 2