That setup you had laying on the ground in front of the truck was called "long ignition" by some slang term of older days where I am. So your mentioning of a "long day" gives me special meaning.

Cool truck definitely. A pleasure to look at the pics once more.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

That setup you had laying on the ground in front of the truck was called "long ignition" by some slang term of older days where I am.

So the arrangement at the rear is known as Long Brakes then Vlad...🤫

• Haha 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

This is the first Mack I have dealt with that did not have any means to tow it in the front bumper so I had to change the hooks on one of my chains from grab hooks to slip hooks so i could use it as a bridal on the front axle 

I also found out some more history on this truck 

the previous owner used it to haul race horse’s and sold it when they downsized due to age

Edited by Quickfarms

On 5/26/2022 at 8:09 PM, mowerman said:

There’s a lot there to work with it looks like one I almost bought 40 years  ago set up the same way San Fernando valley I don’t remember why I passed can’t remember but I was definitely interested good luck with it partner nice catch… bob

Bob

you don’t by any chance have any more information about that truck or a photo, I know it’s a long shot but I am always curious about the history on a truck

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Horses??

Yes

the four legged animal 

Look up Kentucky derby, probably not at that level.

we had two major tracks in our local area and one closed and is now Sofi Stadium home of the Rams football team

betting is a major part of horse racing and with off track betting the attendance at each track has declined 

Edited by Quickfarms
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

Here is a video shot of the Mack’s rolling out

Somewhat unrelated question: How does that king pin attachment work on your gooseneck trailer? any drawbacks or things you might not think of if you never used one before? Thanks.

On 6/8/2022 at 9:25 AM, Freightrain said:

Didn't realize that was your B model.    I've seen it in videos before.

The B actually belongs to Lisa and is being driven by her husband Dennis 

I am partial to R models but that is a sweet B model  

Edited by Quickfarms
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 67RModel said:

Somewhat unrelated question: How does that king pin attachment work on your gooseneck trailer? any drawbacks or things you might not think of if you never used one before? Thanks.

It is not my trailer but that is a very common conversion.

All that is required to remove the goose neck coupler is two bolts. Then a king pin coupler is slid up into the tube and the two bolts are reinstalled. They also use the small slip disc. 

i have been told that the gooseneck is better off road 

Worked on cleaning out the cab today 

I removed the drivers seat and the rest of the carpet.

I removed the blower motor from the heater but was unable to remove the front cover because the temperature control lever is stuck, do the knobs come off of the levers?

404D1498-ED84-4DEC-BA08-AEBCD9B56FBE.jpeg

5BC40707-792A-4D7B-B205-ACBC519D05E4.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

Worked on cleaning out the cab today 

I removed the drivers seat and the rest of the carpet.

I removed the blower motor from the heater but was unable to remove the front cover because the temperature control lever is stuck, do the knobs come off of the levers?

404D1498-ED84-4DEC-BA08-AEBCD9B56FBE.jpeg

5BC40707-792A-4D7B-B205-ACBC519D05E4.jpeg

the knobs slide off the lever, just stuck on.    terry:MackLogo:

On 6/5/2022 at 9:32 AM, Quickfarms said:

Bob

you don’t by any chance have any more information about that truck or a photo, I know it’s a long shot but I am always curious about the history on a truck

As I mentioned it was a long time ago and a truck was hauling belly dumps  the guy got tired of the business and wanted to get rid of it all he wanted $5000 I I think I didn’t quite have that much and  he wouldn’t come down at all  but at 5 Gs I think it was already rock bottom price for quick sale but yes I really like it sorry I missed this one… seems it was at I- 5  Penrose area  Oh best remember the Cummings and a dark green interior with a white steering wheel and he just put four  brand new batteries in it which is probably not going to help you 40  years.  later ha ha sorry that’s all I got … Bob

I tried to upload a video of us pulling the truck out of the spot where it has been sitting since 2007 and starting down the 3/4 mile dirt road to the pavement but the file is too big so here is a short video of the Mack crossing the wash

is there a way I can load a larger video?

• Like 1

I just received the chassis build record from the Mack museum this morning 

the truck was originally sold in Los Angeles and was dulex 93-72218-h green cab and frame with white and black per a sketch and white rear wheels 

does anyone have a dulex paint chart from that era?

any idea on who ran those colors in 1970?

Gilbert carriers just a wild guess that’s all I could think of green  was not very big in Los Angeles I think also Wade transportation had green single axles R models just guessing lots of years have gone by and I’m getting old and stupid good luck …… bob

Edited by mowerman
Misspelled