I'm gonna be in trouble...

RowdyRebel

9 hours ago, tjc transport said:

Dad left us 2020 6 months shy of 91.

He was Korea war wounded. Almost killed in a helicopter crash in lakewood nj, rite in front of the door to hanger 1 of hindenburg fame.

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS . i try to be positive thinking based on this world situation; i'm some what glad for my Father he's not here to see this world mess. thick -headed Polak never told anyone the pain he was in. cancer count 1-10;; doc said Dad was 100. strong armed farmer cried just trying to stand up. Dad had two brothers ; both POW's ,one received the Purple -heart. I saw his back one summer day; the shrapnel did a hel-- of a mess. we have this freedom at the high cost of so many.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Yep L2 gleaner with the corn and soybean special package.

Dad had an L corn & soybean Special..!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

On 5/17/2022 at 4:35 PM, BOBWhite said:

It amazes me how much events that happen to you as a baby affect you as an adult, even when you can't remember them 

7F7032E8-38F9-4334-A288-23ECE0D35EC8_1_201_a.jpeg.17c5a26d20d7fa31b4329a2311b6a706.jpeg

I buffed my first fire at age 3.  That led to a lifelong hobby and a 32 year career!

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 9:45 PM, mechohaulic said:

not as a pat on my back; i still stop and salute the few remaining WWII Veterans. another group of "first responders" forgotten. back of my jeep has three full size decals saluting the Veterans. went to get a burger other day , this WWII veteran "walks" in with his girlfriend = both 91 yrs old. such a positive picture. i asked the waitress for their bill and paid it . asked not to say who did it but she told them. He and his girlfriend were the happiest couple. told my wife " i just got the best birthday present ever. and He returned the salute i gave him😂

I have great respect for all veterans, but especially for those from WWII.  My Dad went in during 1944, serving with the 1st Infantry Division (The Big Red One).  He carried a Browning Automatic Rifle on his stroll through Italy.  His older brother served on the USS New Jersey.  My Mom's brother was a gunner on a B-24 Liberator bomber and never made it home.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GA_Dave said:

I have great respect for all veterans, but especially for those from WWII.  My Dad went in during 1944, serving with the 1st Infantry Division (The Big Red One).  He carried a Browning Automatic Rifle on his stroll through Italy.  His older brother served on the USS New Jersey.  My Mom's brother was a gunner on a B-24 Liberator bomber and never made it home.

your Uncle made it "HOME" ; a home far better then the world we live in. I have 5   = 1/48 scale  B-17's  models waiting  for build. to honor those who didn't make it back.🛫🦅

That’s excellent I put one together Wayback when I was a young teenager yes my pop and my 5 uncles were all in it of course they’re all gone now God love them all it was quite a sacrifice for everyone involved but my dad told me a long time ago that people treated them like royalty when they returned home  at least in Chelsea Massachusetts they even had a board up in my Shawmutt bank with everybody’s names on it that served ..  star next to everyone that didn’t make it back … Bob

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 6:51 AM, tjc transport said:

Dad left us 2020 6 months shy of 91.

He was Korea war wounded. Almost killed in a helicopter crash in lakewood nj, rite in front of the door to hanger 1 of hindenburg fame.

That’s where I learned to drive.

hanger 1 has a 1/2 size aircraft carrier flight deck inside that is used for training 

• Like 1