Shuttering in 6, 7, 8th gear?

Nuge31

Christ Almighty!!!  Glenn,   That is B.S.   But I believe you..  At my shop,  I currently have a synchro job in a Metric Eaton... FRO16210C.. I have done dozens of these.. I told My customer that I am on the road building 3 E-7's. and dont know when I can get to it..  They dont want to take it to a shop..  I guess I need to step it up.. so I guess tomorrow, I pull the back box..  When i was at the last dealership.... no-one their knew how to do a synchro replacement in an Eaton, with the tranny in the truck...  I actually had a boss man say,, 'you cant do that'  I said,, "are you F'n  kiding me?" ,,  anyway 2 days in the shop, and it was, out on the road, hauling grain..  I still cant rap my head around, how few repair shop's there are.. jojo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok guys, they finally got it figured out.  Leveling valve.  I guess ride height was messed up, which in turn actually screwed up couple u joints, and some kind of drink in the tranny.  $20k later, she's running like a top.  They did really help me out on the labor because they had it for 5 weeks.

• Like 1

I'm glad you got your truck on the road .Things like this is why I never take any of our trucks to a dealership.They will run the little guy out of business.Glorified parts changers that they are ,without any concerns of their customers.I have 4 local mack dealerships and all are as useless as tits on a boar 🐗 hog.I would suggest you shop around for someone in your area who is proficient with macks and that is proud of his work and his word.Just my .02 cents.

Red

• Like 1

I had a feeling about this issue..  I remember back a few posts I asked you if you/they checked the ride height and drive shaft..  Glad its fixed.  And,,  R.E.D.  said it best..  The shop should have driven the truck to feel the issue, then did a visual inspection before going inside the tranny..  I would have expected them to look at, ride height/ u-joints/ phasing/ tire wear/ loose u-bolts/  even jack it up, release the brakes and check wheel bearing play..   I guess they just wanted to start at the hig dollar parts first then work thier way towards the repair..  What R.E.D. said is worth more than .02 cents..  Good luck, Jojo

• 3 weeks later...

Up till last year I have always worked in a shop that let us make the calls it would horrible to have to work in that environment ! They hired a micro manager last year and that made my decision to retire! Done! Don’t need this shit! Just drives away customers!

• Like 1
  • Like 1