2009 Mack pinnacle CXU613

45 minutes ago, terry said:

Looks like to me between 6/2017 and 2/2018 picked up 370,000 miles? right?   terry:MackLogo:

the truck is listed for sale at 120k miles haha. But yes you are correct on that. 

Edited by Onyx610

Well after that I’d just say stay far away. Like you said sounds too good to be true. The hours make sense now.  Be funny to bring that to the sellers attention, offer them 35k and then show them why haha. 

The next repair order after that 3rd one has a mileage of 425,951 with the Promised Date of 01/29/2019

it had a diagnosage for the yellow engine lamp on and a red shutdown lamp, it showed multiple codes in system for high spot level and DPF plugging exhaust manifold gaskets leaking EGR Cooler shows leakage of Coolant and 7th injector plugged.

they replaced the 7th injector and Regen’d the Unit as needed

they also pulled the DPF and DOC to be cleaned, replaced blown exhaust and manifold gaskets

they also sent the EGR Cooler to be cleaned and tested

I think your decision is a pretty easy one at this point. I’m glad you were able to get the service history. If I was you I’d just walk away. That info you got is only from Mack so who knows what else has been done and where. Apparently the place that is selling it is well aware and trying to unload it quick. Shocked “3 boys trucking” haha didn’t delete the thing. 

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 2

the 2nd to last repair order shows the mileage of 425,951 with the promise date of 01/29/2019

NOW the LAST repair order somehow has a mileage of 121,103 with a promise date of 10/12/2021 

With total cost of those 5 repair orders. Parts, Labor, Taxes; they have spent a total of almost 16k into the truck (from what I see on these orders)

should I negotiate the truck for 30k or completely walk away?

I’d say if you can get it for half the price of what they want then yea go for it. The truck might last you a long time problem free. It’s a gamble, but it may be worth it and it may not. I’d like to see other opinions on this. 

Edited by Onyx610
  • Confused 1

Ok so today they did connect a TTU to the engine and it did read 122,083….

this dealers explanation for those huge # mileage difference was that the previous owner of this CXU613 had another identical white Mack CXU613 but with those huge miles that the previous owner would bring in to the Mack shops for service as well… this dealer is saying that on Mack shops behalf; seeing the same customer come in with the young Mack truck first, didn’t realize the truck with over 400k miles was another Unit; they recorded all servicing work under that young Mack’s VIN # and didn’t record that on paper work but recorded the Mileage on paper work….

this dealer said they would show me proof to the owners other Unit being another 09 white Mack CXU613….

Now let’s go back to the beginning again; this morning I watched them plug for TTU on the young Mack truck and it came up with 122k miles.

so I’m reading these 5 service repair orders from the Mack shop and adding the 1st invoice up and the last to “make sense” of the young truck; which means in five years it was from 43k miles(2017) to 122k miles(now2022) in this five year span records a drive around 78k… what are we thinking fellas, if we have an understanding here of how I explained well, hopefully….

• Like 2

So basically the Mack dealer did not double check the VIN and mileage when the truck came in? That is what I am gathering here.

A lot of original parts prone to failure, turbo, egr cooler exhaust manifold, rotted dpf housing etc..

Point these out and to the seller and explain your concerns. Hope this works out for you.

V

I backed out of the “deal” due to all of that confusion we were figuring out . Thankyou all, for your input to this topic I really appreciate it dawgs!!  I told them that it “turned me off” all that mess I was going through discovering about there truck.  so we will be going back to my Mack vision CXN613 that I made a topic on fellas 😏

• Like 1