2009 Mack pinnacle CXU613

Hours X 60 = Equating over a million miles?! Could it possibly be that it has 122k miles and has been used as a yard truck just Sitting on a lot of idle time?? I’m really trying to figure out the sense and use of this truck now. Is it over a million miles or is it truly 122k miles with that amounts of engine clock hours…

I took the Unit to a Loves Truck stop for the fact check computer to engine on the miles, an Oil Analysis, and a truck inspection. I pointed out the cracked muffler/pipe that’s under the passenger side, tight clutch/ no play on the clutch pedal, and as well as what you had said; was the power steering pump/ fuel pump.. by the way, is that supposed to be wet like that??

Edited by Shortdawg67

I think that truck just did a lot of idling. That pump should not be wet. One of those clamps pry need to be tightened up. No biggie. That truck probably has an air assisted. However you should have some play, so it should be adjusted. 

The engine hours is one part of this trucks life. You need to get the complete vehicle history. The service software will show the vehicle data. 1. Engine hours

2. Idle time

3. ECU serial #s

4. True mileage

If this truck was a highway truck with those engine hours and that mileage, then I would be very weary. This would indicate some type of screwery going on. But if it is a yard truck then maybe it can be justified. If you go to your local Mack dealer and ask if they can pull up the warranty history on this unit, then the mileage will be recorded on the work order at the time of service. 

V

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shortdawg67 said:

Mind you. These are now my personal pictures that I’ve posted here about this 09 mack pinnacle CXU613 stating 122k miles along with those Engine clock hours. Fellas, are we still looking at a good buy??

Is it a good buy?

Well, from what we know so far I would say yes. The interior is a good indicator of wear and tear. Looks good so far. I would strongly get a repair history before you pull the trigger.

V

• Like 1

Sure, wouldn't take anytime for the dealer to check it out. Hopefully they will help out. 

Looking at these pics, the turbo, egr cooler and exhaust manifold don't look like they have been changed. Original paint on the cooler, turbo and the old style exhaust manifold. 

2 minutes ago, Shortdawg67 said:

Is that crusty rustyness a necessity to be replaced immediately fellas?

No. I would however look at that coolant piping along the passenger side frame rail and going into the heat core. That looks really rough.

• Like 2

Fellas, I have received 5  repair orders from the Mack dealership to this truck. Something very strange to me that may be an eye catcher.. please pay attention to the Date(top page middle) and the Mileage (top page corner left) as I will send it in order

Edited by Shortdawg67