Sharp KW

james j neiweem

My wife wants a canary yellow Pete 379, with bug eye headlights..  But a KW W-900 L would be a sweet ride too..  She just wants it to drive around in..  Go buy groceries or whatever..  Mabey I could sell her Harley Tri-Glide Ultra Classic and her Pristene 81' C-10, and get her one,,,,  :)  yeah right...  jojo

• Like 1

not much a twin stack  dump truck person, i would take that KW as a 4 axle HD lowbed tractor. growing up on B-81 dumps, never "understood "twin stacks on a dump. now a 4 axle high horse power tractor hooked to 2 axle jeep connecting to a 4 axle lowbed maybe a 2 axle stinger!! got my vote. don't worry wife looks at me with that expression too.. LOL 

• Haha 1

of course that combo a big deal in good ole USA. we all know our friends "down under" that 4x2x4x2 is an every day work ride. i'd vacation in Australia just to see , maybe ride in a combo like that. another favorite on u-tube oversize loads.

14 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

not much a twin stack  dump truck person, i would take that KW as a 4 axle HD lowbed tractor. growing up on B-81 dumps, never "understood "twin stacks on a dump.

I agree. I still don't understand twin stacks on an inline 6 engine period....there is only one manifold. If its and E9, 3408 Cat etc. I can understand the use of twin stacks with those engines but even those I think join together shortly after the manifolds to go into the turbo. A lot of the new trucks with emissions and DPFs just have a dummy pipe on the drivers side that goes under the cab and is open ended. For looks only. My 94 RD Dump has a factory weed burner exhaust and I actually like it better than having a stack. I don't have to worry about the side of my bed getting all sooted up. Also I think its a little quieter having the muffler down underneath vs. vertically up next to the cab...If had a dollar for everyone who told me to put a stack on it I wouldn't need to work anymore 😂

• Like 2

and really good when a toolbag stops traffic in the left lane of a two lane to cut off someone 200 foot before the right turn with his window open. 

this is when you lay into the throttle on your pre emissions truck and fill his car up with heavy black smoke...😁

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

i'm all in favor of a clean shiny truck , dump;; tractor or what ever.  things all over have changed drastically through the yrs. dumps around here have the shiny alum bodies, tanks,  couldn't count all the lights , etc. the thrill is great at the start if you are only a company driver. after a while the thrill might wear off. still have to clean /polish.  my question many times is " how do you haul rock and stone in that?

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I have bitched so many times about hours spent on 'keeping the light's on' because there is 50 of them..  or how a 4 wheel brake job takes 30+ minutes longer because of all chrome caps,... "I have a full shop and dont have time to waste on you re 'make-up'"!!!... yeah they look good,  i just cringe when I have to work on them, and god forbid, if something gets a scratch..  then I have to go inside the cab to make a repair, and the pretty truck is a damn mess in the cab with spit cups and stains all over the dash and the floor,  piss jugs and such, ..  "But I need to look good goin down the road"  anyway,,  I laugh, but for me it suck's..  jojo

• Like 2

my bossman in constantly getting on my case about the truck being dirty on the outside.  but you can eat off the floors inside. i wipe the inside down at least twice a day. and clean my boots before getting in. 

outside is a different story. one trip into a quarry at 5 mph and it looks like it has not been washed in 6 months. why? because all the askwholes that run by the ton go 50 in the quarry and kick up tire spray that will get a truck 100 foot away dirty. 

they simply are too freakin stupid to realize if you see dust, you are going too fast. and the only reason the water trucks keep the roads soaked is because they speed and create massive dust clouds. 

then they get out on the road and speed, run the left lane and shoulder, run red lights, roll over, run over cars, spill loads all over the place, blah blah blah.  and bitch about the cops busting their balls instead of going after criminals. 

• Like 2

i do try to keep it clean, but there is only so much i can do. i am usually hooked to a trailer and loaded with machines. this makes it very hard to get to the garage to wash it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I have bitched so many times about hours spent on 'keeping the light's on' because there is 50 of them..  or how a 4 wheel brake job takes 30+ minutes longer because of all chrome caps,... "I have a full shop and dont have time to waste on you re 'make-up'"!!!... yeah they look good,  i just cringe when I have to work on them, and god forbid, if something gets a scratch..  then I have to go inside the cab to make a repair, and the pretty truck is a damn mess in the cab with spit cups and stains all over the dash and the floor,  piss jugs and such, ..  "But I need to look good goin down the road"  anyway,,  I laugh, but for me it suck's..  jojo

in the mack days, there was a construction company who's dirtiest truck looked like it just came out of a museum. mack had a recall on the axle spiders . basically they had to be removed and swapped .left to right and vise versa. cams were opening opposing tire rotation and chattered.  the owner and his son stood over my shoulder watching axles being removed. as was told to me "we had just removed 8 tires and REPAINTED the rims". truck was brand new.  beyond spotless inside and out. a DM685sx. how do you pull axle caps/axles with not a drop of oil on the rims. a lot of rags /pan  . no could not tell them sit in lounge, they had a lot of pull with management/owner. clean is good; job nerve racking

i 've heard stories of trucks deadline/ fined due to idiot lights not working. as inspector mentioned." if the light is there it has to work" doesn't matter if it's one of 10 on the roof or 20+on the body.  reality was another ball breaking way state made money.

• Like 1

We used to have engine light on all the time with the older T800s most of us would just ignore them… truck would run perfect with them on for years we would simply ignore them… bob

Edited by mowerman