G Mack cab entry

All G's have that stub on the hub cap.  Left foot goes there first, right foot on the step at the left rear of the cab then the left foot all the way up into the cab. The stirrup step cuts that distance down by 8 inches and is much safer for us old guys.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D2Denny said:

All G's have that stub on the hub cap.  Left foot goes there first, right foot on the step at the left rear of the cab then the left foot all the way up into the cab. The stirrup step cuts that distance down by 8 inches and is much safer for us old guys.

Damn,I never thought getting into a truck could be that complicated..

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

Nevermind getting in , try driving it with @ 180 horse, two sticks, no power steering or AC. 

OH :: the good ole days!!😁. the B's had "AC". the 2/45 AC. == open two vent windows all the way and get above 45 mph, the big mystery is how could anyone drive a B model without a USB plug !!! 

• Haha 1

Just found the cigar lighter in the G and it still works. Now to get one of the plug-in USB adapters for the cell and Bluetooth speaker so I have tunes.  You forgot the most important item in any truck today. THE CUP HOLDER!  Have to gin one of these up. Don't know how anyone back in the day drove without one. 

• Confused 1

Wher its a non sleeper,makes it,that much worse. Hard to find,but see if you can find someone with a non,sleeper Cruiseliner. The one i had  wasnt bad to get in and out of,at all,especially compared,to my non sleeper G753. I wish i still had to send pics,of the bottom part. I,do,have a couple cabs that have the handles still attatched,the top part reached over the top of the door. If,i find a pic,i will email,you,as this site still doesnt let me post pics. Or better,yet,contact me by messenger on Facebock.  Mike Harbison Sr.   Im out of hospital,again after another nice 20 day stay,and trying to get back,to old trucks. 

I,found,pics.,i guess,if you want to see,get hold,of me somehow. Not in here,this site is same as,dead.  Email,call me or preferable Facebook messenger,you,have,all my info,for those.  How did the radiator neck and emblem work. Never got anything saying you recieved them.

Mike:

Glad you are out of the hospital and hopefully on the mend for good. Got both your items and they were good. As for the entry, the fabricated stirrup steps worked well, and I have the right side almost done. Might switch out the single hand grabs for 32" handrails on each side if I can find some that fit and look like they belong.

Dennis