Shop Talk

Onyx610

1 minute ago, mowerman said:

My wife uses weird book this is the only one I get on. And a lot of times im the summer I don’t even have a whole Lotta time for this one

Fixing all those mowers 

If you guys like cat or just engine builds/Detroit destruction this kids youtube page is pretty good. He destroys a lot of Detroit’s and they typically put up a good fight. 
Just click on “videos” at the top when you get to the page.   

https://youtube.com/c/KT3406E

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Fixing all those mowers 

I do a lot of that right now I’ve got a minibike I am in the middle of and go cart will be next I’m still trying to get parts for the Mac I can’t get started without them….. Bob

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mowerman said:

I’ve had mine 46 and the last time I had to lay down twice to get my blood pressure down I only have two more years to go according to financial plans but I started usinq Flaxseed and beets and my blood pressure went way down so I shouldn’t have any trouble all I need one more physical That sucks that you had to turn in your license glad we could pick you up a bit on this site..: bob

my blood pressure went way down moving out of CT and going to TN. didn't need pressure pills. back in CT = I know the pressure back up. still have a ct license, not the CDL i had such honor to have . 

4 minutes ago, mowerman said:

I do a lot of that right now I’ve got a minibike I am in the middle of and go cart will be next I’m still trying to get parts for the Mac I can’t get started without them….. Bob

Do you have pictures of your truck? Never seen it 

Mech, you are awesome... I just told my wife about what I know about you, from this site...( she drove for 34 years)  her daddy ran a motor grader til he was 76 ( he started at 17,, and his boss man said it was 'time' he WAS a company man with his son's workin for the same company... and my beautiful wife as well....  I wasnt raised this way, but, I love these kind of people...  I wish my wife would write some of her stories... "She's Tough"  that was her Daddy's sayin all the time...  he lives with God now,  But I wont ever forget the Man...  Jojo

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Onyx610 said:

Speaking of graders….53 gallion with Detroit 4-71.  

ED478BAC-A73C-4268-B1A4-73A49BADAF56.jpeg

I saw one of those at a state sale one time they only wanted $1500 that would’ve been a hell of a deal for somebody just the engine alone caterpillar… Bob

Just now, mowerman said:

I saw one of those at a state sale one time they only wanted $1500 that would’ve been a hell of a deal for somebody just the engine alone caterpillar… Bob

I think we sold it last year for about 1200. Worth more in scrap. I drove it around once or twice and that was it. It was more then enough for me. Kicked my ass. 

I bet her Daddy would school us on that machine..  We all love the Cowboy in the movie...  He was it!  on the job.  ok, time for me to stop crying, I cant see the F'n keyboard.... jojo

• Like 1

I love a DM...  looks like a twin stick, X107 is my guess... I drove a couple of them for a little while..  I would be proud to own one..  jojo

Ha ha I’m really excited to start a body works on it I’m pretty good at it I learned to drive pretty much broke in on one just like it in 1976 it wasn’t the first Mack I ever drove but the one I went for  my license on went right to the DMV with a real grouchy inspector I was only 20  two stick U model Mack 

5 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Apparently it took a hell of man to run one of those proficiently. It was an art to grade roads and cut banks with those machines. Those guys were legit “operators” 

Yes especially nowadays when they can’t even find kids to flip pizza never mind trade jobs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I love a DM...  looks like a twin stick, X107 is my guess... I drove a couple of them for a little while..  I would be proud to own one..  jojo

It’s a tri Plex right now the transmission is junk I have a quad box I am going to put in it eventually it’s been all rebuilt I got a hell of a deal on it years ago 350 bucks and it even came with the clutch…  I don’t know what size the motor is although I suppose I probably should it’s END673T bob

Edited by mowerman
Wrong number

like the FLYING ACES of the WW's , "operators"  are things of the past  today. ever see the satellite senders on machinery today. the drivers not operators sit back set the computers and a satellite thousands of miles away set the grades on the dozers, scrapers etc. had little time behind controls of a grader trying to teach myself how to operate it. any one can drive it operating is a totally new ball game. besides a grader, running a 100ft + crane was on the bucket list for me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

The only Pete that ever really caught my eye…never was a big fan of them. 

4B7AB494-A5AC-45E7-994A-01C65EC4738C.jpeg

3D9F2194-59F2-48D1-8789-5513FEB0E463.jpeg

359 379 Peterbilt I never really cared for them either until I was out here on the West Coast about 30 years they finally grew on me Ordinarily if you’re a Mack man they are not going to interest you at all and yes I did say ordinarily ha ha … bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1