Shop Talk

Onyx610

Just now, Joey Mack said:

hell,  Nitro had some cool sh!t going on, and Mrs MackPaul is a friggin cowboy out in the field, and I bet Vlad has a boat load of shop talk..  I know theres a bunch more, jojo

Agreed! Also like to hear from Glenn, V, FJH, Mack pro, etc. yea nitro seems like a good time haha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Real fun memories mainly most of our customers were really nice people and they all had really cool cars most everything we worked on was 1962 1970 not too much of that nowadays ha ha you’ll never even see anything that old….. OK yeah I am telling boring old guys stories Of glory days now sorry ….. my wife starts yawning every time I start  boring story’s of glory days… I am sure we all have them bob

That’s what this thread is for, so the wife doesn’t have to hear them right? New stories to me haha 

• Like 2

same customer, he has 5 that he wants done,  I tried to load a video of the last one 'running' but it was too big..  I finished 2, and the first one is mounted and pumping water on a dust control truck..  I also did the engine in the truck too,, so far all is good..  jojo

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I love it Bob,   cars today all look the same no matter the brand,,  No chrome bumpers, no style,,, just 'cut cookies'...  bring it,,, jojo

Yes I drive a 2014 mustang but for the most part everything looks the same people movers there’s no class to most of them now and people don’t really care what they look like Hah Hah

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, Joey Mack said:

he got lucky, a lot of times they are sucking engine oil  and running on it...  its a scary time when it goes off...  takes a set of Ball's to jump in and try to shut it down, before the boom...  jojo

yrs back at Mack a customer truck (KW coe ??) towed in for bad driveshaft. repairs were made, truck sat 2-3 weeks waiting for $$$ bill to be paid. customer comes in one night = i had the night shift. he climbs in - hits the key = ole DD went to wide open. emergency stop didn't work ; i climbed on back kicked out the wire mesh grate  ; laid between engine and cab to manually flip emer stop. pulled valve covers later on- parts all over inside. only once saw/ heard a mack engine run away. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Agreed! Also like to hear from Glenn, V, FJH, Mack pro, etc. yea nitro seems like a good time haha

another sign old age is kickin in. after 52+ years of having a CDL license, i turned mine in yesterday to DMV. more difficult to get a medical card now a days. finding this Mack site has been a real up lift in life for me. 

8 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

yrs back at Mack a customer truck (KW coe ??) towed in for bad driveshaft. repairs were made, truck sat 2-3 weeks waiting for $$$ bill to be paid. customer comes in one night = i had the night shift. he climbs in - hits the key = ole DD went to wide open. emergency stop didn't work ; i climbed on back kicked out the wire mesh grate  ; laid between engine and cab to manually flip emer stop. pulled valve covers later on- parts all over inside. only once saw/ heard a mack engine run away. 

Too bad about all the damage I have never seen one do that either except for a broken throttle spring but I was able to pull the stop lever … And I had already been driving it about six hours I was in the middle of changing gears when it broke off::: bob

3 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

another sign old age is kickin in. after 52+ years of having a CDL license, i turned mine in yesterday to DMV. more difficult to get a medical card now a days. finding this Mack site has been a real up lift in life for me. 

I actually ment to have you mentioned in that list of guys! Sorry. I always have a good time reading your posts. I actually really enjoy reading all your guys. Yea I find this site to be a bit addicting. Kind of like most kids I know are addicted to Instagram. It’s this for me. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

I’ve had mine 46 and the last time I had to lay down twice to get my blood pressure down I only have two more years to go according to financial plans but I started usinq Flaxseed and beets and my blood pressure went way down so I shouldn’t have any trouble all I need one more physical That sucks that you had to turn in your license glad we could pick you up a bit on this site..: bob

• Like 2

i left mack went to Baskin Robbins ; they had a fleet of 318's and 350DD. number one priority  ==pull all the intake housing and repair/ never seize the emergency flippers .everyone had to be working or truck is parked.  originally they had a small 1500gal fuel tank, always fuel problems. fortunately they upgraded to two 10k tanks ,

2 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

I actually ment to have you mentioned in that list of guys! Sorry. I always have a good time reading your posts. I actually really enjoy reading all your guys. Yea I find this site to be a bit addicting. Kind of like most kids I know are addicted to Instagram. It’s this for me. 

My wife uses weird book this is the only one I get on. And a lot of times im the summer I don’t even have a whole Lotta time for this one