Shop Talk

Onyx610

I got one more carnage pic. This was from a white Chevy Tahoe. We used it for when we got summer help kids. They just all rode around in it. Anyway weeks went by and the back was starting to get brown. We were like “where the hell did they go that was muddy?” So we went out and looked at it. It wasn’t mud it was like brown rust in the paint. So we were like hmm ok…about a week later it came back because it had no brakes…we pulled the wheel that was leaking the brake fluid. And this is what we got lmao. 

A8DF25C3-1B0E-417A-8174-9A21564219E4.jpeg

19179D0F-B074-4DE3-8750-DE511575AAB4.jpeg

Onyx ,  if you are asking about cutting counter bores,  no need for a truck..  its a hand operated tool..  I have all the measuring tools already, depth mics, sled gauge, vernier calipers, and so on..   jojo

• Like 1

Hahahah, I can’t believe I got rid of that. I will pry never see it again. It’s funny you say that cause the older guy I worked with said that the one other time he saw that was when he worked at a service station. 

Just now, Joey Mack said:

Onyx ,  if you are asking about cutting counter bores,  no need for a truck..  its a hand operated tool..  I have all the measuring tools already, depth mics, sled gauge, vernier calipers, and so on..   jojo

I just figured you have like a mobile machine shop haha 

3 minutes ago, Mark T said:

There's probably enough info from this picture I can stalk you to see where to send the Texas Roadhouse gift certificate 🥩

Lmfao 🤣

4 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Yes I worked at two of them back then before I was old enough to drive class one A buddy of mine owned a a BP station and I used to work there part time even after I was driving trucks… Bob 

Im sure you saw some stuff working at those places for a little while. 

6 minutes ago, Mark T said:

What the heck..... guy's always honestly try'n to be helpful if not all out help'n somebody. I'd buy him dinner anytime.

Anything but eat the dogs!

• Haha 1

Yes I’ve always enjoyed working with cars even nowadays but I don’t have time anymore between full-time driving job and wife’s honeydews Besides  like we’re always talking about all the cool shit is too expensive to buy now… bob 

• Like 1

Well, I did forget a tool that I would love to have,,, a rotating engine stand..  this is what I have right now, thanks to a BMT brother that let me keep it..  The rotator is $6000.00..  maybe later..  gosh almighty...  jojo

KIMG0961.JPG

• Like 1

All true Bob,,,   My wife filled my ears tonight,  "so I saw you riding around with your helper,, What did you guys get done today"  well, i went to pick up parts for a customer, then worked in the shop, then took lunch break, went back to work in the shop, then because it was pouring rain, I took my helper home..  anyway,  this IS shop talk..   :) jojo

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

All true Bob,,,   My wife filled my ears tonight,  "so I saw you riding around with your helper,, What did you guys get done today"  well, i went to pick up parts for a customer, then worked in the shop, then took lunch break, went back to work in the shop, then because it was pouring rain, I took my helper home..  anyway,  this IS shop talk..   :) jojo

Damn right joey! Anything goes guys. Just a place to bullshit and show off some stuff! There is no such thing as getting off topic….because there is none! Nice gift from BMT member by the way.

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Yes I’ve always enjoyed working with cars even nowadays but I don’t have time anymore between full-time driving job and wife’s honeydews Besides  like we’re always talking about all the cool shit is too expensive to buy now… bob 

Bob post your mowers or whatever you got you like to share. This is what’s it’s for. Never know what might strike up a serious conversation haha

Edited by Onyx610
Ment bob
  • Like 1

hell,  Nitro had some cool sh!t going on, and Mrs MackPaul is a friggin cowboy out in the field, and I bet Vlad has a boat load of shop talk..  I know theres a bunch more, jojo

• Like 1