3 hours ago, Freightrain said:

673P with a set of screw on filters like I did to mine.  Did a 711 come with twin intakes like the 673P?

I remember lots of trucks getting the 4 square light treatment way back.  I suppose they wanted to make their old truck look "newer".  To me it looks odd and needs a single round headlight....but that's just me.

The 711 did have P manifolds

• Like 1

glenn akers

7 hours ago, Freightrain said:

673P with a set of screw on filters like I did to mine.  Did a 711 come with twin intakes like the 673P?

I remember lots of trucks getting the 4 square light treatment way back.  I suppose they wanted to make their old truck look "newer".  To me it looks odd and needs a single round headlight....but that's just me.

You best not come to Australia or NewZealand then were most R models had 4 round headlights 🤔🤔🤔

Paul 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

You best not come to Australia or NewZealand then were most R models had 4 round headlights 🤔🤔🤔

Paul 

Your four headlight Macks somehow look correct on your trucks. They're not like our four headlight industry standard ....are they ?

7 hours ago, mowerman said:

OK first step took the box down out of the closet and yes it’s very dusty and this is about all I have done so far I did paint the fuel tanks black and the radiator guard not shown… Bob

25BFB8D3-8532-4042-9273-45BC4E3A0D00.jpeg

573E81D0-5BA6-44AF-80FC-43CFD97AA404.jpeg

lookin real good. i know this is a tad off topic ;; it's still  a Mack in progress. the 800 even on the box cover is impressive looking. one of  three i had in the display case at the mack dealer was done same as picture stars and stripes.

Well I painted most of the chrome black  now I’m kind of kicking myself for doing that I wanted it to look like it was ready to work …. I believe I put together the same model or around 71 not sure but back that I left all the chrome alone…. Bob

7 hours ago, Mark T said:

They're not like our four headlight industry standard ....are they ?

Mate I honestly don't know what the industry standard is in the U.S. for four headlights

That been said 4 square or rectangular headlights don't look right to me on a R model

I guess a lot of it is what are used to seeing 

And I prefer the series 1 Superliner round headlights for appearances than the series two

Even the series 1 Superliner cab sitting lower looks better than the series 2 which is a couple of inches higher in Australia 

Paul 

You guys down under tend to run more lights for dealing with the vast open darkness you deal with traveling down yonder.

The square lights just look out of place with all the round corners of vintage trucks.  Four round ones are okay.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Got this one hanging in my bedroom cut it out of a middle 80s Mack calendar got to admit it’s a bad ass looking rig I think in most cases Larry we’re just not used to looking at them like they are in Australia . I am with you I prefer the one big round headlight… Bob

05FAC05A-D38E-4B58-90E8-70DA29439DFE.jpeg

Curiosity got the better of me.  I emailed the seller and asked for more information about it.  And, asked them for the VIN.  Have not heard anything yet.  Just want to know what that thing REALLY is.  I get the feeling it's a compilation of parts.  Not a bad-looking pile of parts, mind you. 

And, I'm with you guys.  An R needs 1 big, round headlight.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

11 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Curiosity got the better of me.  I emailed the seller and asked for more information about it.  And, asked them for the VIN.  Have not heard anything yet.  Just want to know what that thing REALLY is.  I get the feeling it's a compilation of parts.  Not a bad-looking pile of parts, mind you. 

And, I'm with you guys.  An R needs 1 big, round headlight.

it's another "johnny Cash special" ;;; i got it one piece at a time!!😁

• Haha 2

I don’t think he’s going to get that much for it only because of that rubber band engine really can’t work with it first time you hit a hill it will fall right on its face ha ha beautiful ride though it looks to me like he was added a lot of later model stuff to it… Bob

The good old Aussie Valueliner, they sold really well and were rated for tripple road train work just like the standard  R models before them

The 350 E6  was a capable motor and would regularly gross 115 ton on road train work just like the 320 coolpower before it

Yes bigger motors make the job easier but 350 hp is plenty as Mack proved for decades

Paul 

• Like 1