Front drive axle

raybing

I'm still lost as to what is being asked.  In "normal" operation, al it takes is one wheel on either axle to lose traction and spin and the truck is stuck.  If you engaged the power divider switch on top of the dash then it requires one wheel on each axle to spin in order to get stuck.  Mack makes a "full locked" setup that has ANOTHER switch, this one locks left and right wheels together so by using both switches if requires all 4 drive wheels to spin in order to get stuck. On ordering trucks no one knows about the full locked option so there's very few trucks that have it.

Is this a case of misunderstanding how your axles work? Or is there actually a problem?

18 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Wonder what ever happened here?

I think he figured out the error in his thinking. See below from a little while back:

On 3/7/2022 at 6:53 PM, raybing said:

I had it all wrong. Rear driver all the time. Front engaged with air switch. Duh.

No broken pcs in front axle. 

19 minutes ago, 67RModel said:

I think he figured out the error in his thinking. See below from a little while back:

Still sounds like he was a little confused.  Oh, well, as long as he got moving.  This one had my curiosity piqued!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."