1960 B-Model Mack Fully Refurbished. What is it worth?

On 3/5/2022 at 8:50 AM, DavCut said:

Sorry for your loss @Brown Bear  Looks and sounds as if your Dad had a lot of pride in his Mack. 

As others have said don’t underestimate yourself. Your Dad did the hard work to get the truck where it is today and you get to enjoy it with what will most likely be minimal maintenance. 

I would be surprised if your Dad didn’t have friends in the antique truck community that would be willing to teach you to drive, or at a minimum drive you to a few shows so that you could display your Dad’s work. If he didn’t, make some of your own!  

Two final thoughts (at least for this reply).  First, don’t sell yourself short.  You are not “Just a girl”, you are a Girl that can do anything who happens to own an amazing piece of history.

Second, cheek out the work that @SkippyMack is doing on her B model:

Hey there,

So sorry for your loss.  If you decide to keep that beauty of a truck, don't second guess yourself.  "Just a girl" - HA!  Gender's got nothing to do with it.  If you really want to learn how to drive that truck, you can!  Just came back from a couple of hours in mine, getting used to it and learning.  It's totally doable if you put your mind to it!  Your Dad's truck is really incredible!  I've got a bazillion hours in mine (thousands) and agree with the seasoned crew here, they don't end up being "worth" what you have in them from a market perspective.  Best wishes with whatever you decide and take good care!

-SJ

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately we all put way too much money into the toys we love and rarely get it all back when there sold !!especially when the seller just wants it gone because let’s face it our heirs just want cash naturally !! I just bought this beautiful B model out of New Jersey and bought it for much less than was spent restoring it but was moving and downsizing 

0AD00A12-F580-42F7-B69C-3ACC6EDE72A8.jpeg

FCD4BC3F-797F-4F4D-9C7D-82AC807CC38B.jpeg

2ED64EDA-40F8-4DE7-A271-C3934C421B92.jpeg

• Like 2