RESTORED 74 MACK R-700

cpgeneration

If I was behind the wheel of that truck ; came to a fork in the road  with one road sign saying museum  other road saying use it , would be a tough decision to make. that is one fine looking machine. :bmod_trac:

When you say "18 SPEED QUAD BOX" is that to say Mack Quadraplex?    This truck is amazing!!  I'm glad it's not red, or I'd have to have it!  

Edited by GOOG
mistake

15 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Will a Quadruplex handle the torque of a 350HP Cummins in a fully-loaded rig?

Seems like 650-700 ft-lbs is about all those boxes were rated for.

I'm just askin'...

I though the same thing....I was told a 237 maxidyne was questionable in front of a quadruplex, which was a common repower back in the day when the original thermodynes gave up. A big cam Cummins makes considerably more torque than a 237 maxidyne generally speaking. 

1 minute ago, 67RModel said:

I though the same thing....I was told a 237 maxidyne was questionable in front of a quadruplex, which was a common repower back in the day when the original thermodynes gave up. A big cam Cummins makes considerably more torque than a 237 maxidyne generally speaking. 

I was thinking the ENDT-673C Thermodyne (250HP/705FT-LBS) was about the stoutest thing Mack ever put that box behind.  The "High Torque Rise" ENDT-675 Maxidyne had WAAAAY more torque at lower RPMs than that 250 did.  Driven carefully, and with the RPMs kept up, I think a lot of people got away with the 237.  But, drop 100K on it's tail and let it lug down to that 1,200 RPM torque peak (over 900 FT-LBS), and I'm not so sure how much "safety factor" there was left.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I’ve been hearing that for years on quadruplex but I’ve never heard of anybody burning one up if so lots of transmissions out there to fix it…Bob

I’ll tell you what my brother I sure wouldn’t mind driving that for one thing It would probably beat the hell out of this brand new Kenworth I have I really don’t care for it it’s ugly and it rides like a bulldozer and a seat is comfortable radio sounds like shit I really don’t care for anything about it unfortunately company driver I can’t pick what I want… Bob