Eaton Fuller 8ll shift pattern

Ricky Beals

I thought the blue button had a lock out so you couldnt upshift the range lever, however, if you open it up and trim the lockout off, i imagine you could do it...  please correct me if im' wrong...  :) jojo

11 hours ago, tjc transport said:

i like the "Perfeshaminals" that have to shift every damn gear in an 18 speed.......bobtailing. 

a short version of a comical story. years back working for waterbury Mack, we took two new trucks to new haven truck rental ; picked up two for warranty work ,  i took the DM611 with quad heavy 24 in rubber frame rails half way to center of the radiator  R model other guy had. he was behind me pulling out of driveway. unfortunatily i have to mention he was half shit housed from the beer he bought on way down. point is i was still teaching myself the proper way of shifting a quad, no brakes coming to stop sign;; downshifting instead. dopey behind me didn't see brake lights  - he put the DM frame rails into the R's radiator.  so there comes a time when shifting ALL the gears has a side disadvantage. LOL 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I thought the blue button had a lock out so you couldnt upshift the range lever, however, if you open it up and trim the lockout off, i imagine you could do it...  please correct me if im' wrong...  :) jojo

Correct. "Low" can be used in hi range in theory.  "Low Low" cannot.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 4:18 PM, JoeH said:

I've heard you can use low hole in the high range as an alternative to dipping into 4th, but I've never wanted to risk my transmission by testing the theory. Mine has enough issues hanging up in gear sometimes. 

If it's like the 13, you can.  But, it may not be exactly the same ratio.  Might have to go in a little sooner or a little later.

Understand about the not wanting to risk it thing, though!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."