Truck shutting down intermittently

I believe, I would cut them to a clean spot and solder in new wire. I would also slide a heat shrink on the wires before I solder them.. I dont think that is a fused link, I believe it is just 2 wires into 1, under the heatshrink.. jojo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I believe, I would cut them to a clean spot and solder in new wire. I would also slide a heat shrink on the wires before I solder them.. I dont think that is a fused link, I believe it is just 2 wires into 1, under the heatshrink.. jojo

Under the heat shrink it's 2 wires, one goes to fuse and the other goes to the engine shutdown relay in the fuse box1645749533970322509950165647881.thumb.jpg.fad303db6cd55512cd994035cd849ae0.jpg

right.... but the connection itself is not a fused link..  so cut it, and remove the bad wire approx. 1/2" of wire, and solder in good wire if there is not enough to make the connection's....  jojo  

5 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

right.... but the connection itself is not a fused link..  so cut it, and remove the bad wire approx. 1/2" of wire, and solder in good wire if there is not enough to make the connection's....  jojo  

Thank you again, hopefully this will solve my issue. 🤞

On 2/24/2022 at 8:41 PM, Joey Mack said:

"Fix what you know is broke!"   Jojo

Hey jojo, I fixed those two damaged wires. When I cut them to repair and basically removed power to the fic module I turned the key on to see what codes I would get and got both blink codes 6-2 & 6-3, just like I do when thr truck shuts off. Soldered everything back together and it shut off again this morning when I was sitting in the truck. The electronic Malfunction light came on, I sat there for about 15-20 sec and the light went out and it fired up. 

It must be in that circuit? The only time I have ever gotten those two codes is when I cut those power wires and when I removed the fuse that sends power to the fic module. 

Any ideas of what I could try? I pulled out the shutdown relay that is between the fic module and the fuel rack actuator, turned the key on and that didn't throw a code so I don't think I am losing power to the fuel rack actuator. this has me scratching my head... could be a pin at the fic module connector or in the fic module... I don't want to keep throwing modules at it, I don't think Mack is going to help me at all with the fic module.

Edited by Mack log truck