And yes this is an expensive  racket I am very lucky my truck doesn’t really  need a whole lotta expensive shit it’s mostly abuncha little shit except for full set of tires and rebuild steering box but yes get ready to open your wallet real wide lol bob 

Edited by mowerman

Oh they’re gods gift to mankind that’s how I learned automatic transmission but a manual at Chief auto parts years and years ago yes sir it’s still in pretty good shape and yes no fingerprints either ha ha….  I even have one for a Briggs & Stratton and they really get down with the fine print and detail Bob 

• Like 1

But yes Bob. Sometimes you just haven’t got the scratch at the time …. Reminds me of when I moved to Reno from Los Angeles I didn’t have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.. hitched a ride up here with a willig freight driver and a duffel bag and allotta help from a lotsa pals Oooooooooooo alright ,,,,,,, now I’m boring the public with old people glory days story’s lol …….Bob

Edited by mowerman
  • Haha 1

wow that's a lot of info! Thats time and money well invested in my opinion! And I know that $40 isn't that bad when your considering that it might take 10 grand in parts to restore it, but I just really like reading these manuals and it sucks that the BMT wiki links are mostly broken (I blame Volvo). FA8D2FC8-7965-435E-970E-907E9F2D2589.thumb.jpeg.b353c4ec92877f7bf79e6ce70dca308f.jpeg

from what I remember the truck still had its manual but the mice made it into a biohazard. that's why I wish this worked. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, james j neiweem said:

Too bad the MH's didn't have time to reach their full potential. They would probably be in there third generation by now with options up the wazoo!

Yup In my opinion THE best cabover built by anyone! That said I hate CABOVERS to work on! Mainly having to jack up the cab and having the jack hoses fail! and hitting my head on the cab steps !😡

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Went out to my uncles to see some family for Memorial Day. Walked over to our old Mack we sold him, I don't know how I never noticed this but someone before us took out the air bags for the cab and put metal spacers. 

IMG_C90F163E9A0D-1.thumb.jpeg.51105efcbf9966697e9bd5543386c601.jpeg

Well no wonder it rides so rough!! Shouldn't they look more like the ones in the other pic? 

8462F57C-8409-4705-83DD-7DEA84493E25.jpeg.23ef74c662e090181baaa577aa577616.jpeg

I might be all wet but I thought all Mh's came with air ride cabs from the factory. Where could someone find a set of these bags and shocks? 

Also I never noticed that someone took out the Mack Transmission that was original to the truck and put an Eaton in sometime in its past. I really didn't pay much attention to the truck when we had it I guess! 

• Like 1