Reversing relay info for Jojo

85snowdog

My shop is small and at my house..  I still get a bunch done here, but I have customers that let me use thier shops,  hard to find employee's, so i'm it...  I drive my service truck to these shops and get it done..  jojo

KIMG0747.JPG

KIMG0748.JPG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I was that new guy 25 years ago, and glad I was...  I grabbed ahold and didnt let go...  Love the Mack's and allway's will.....  Jojo

my older brother started at mack yr before me; i was still in high school. he would grab the operator manuals and give them to me. i sat in high school with the manuals in between the schoolbook pages ,, got caught a few times. skipped every class possible and went to work at mack  march 3,1969 part-time. graduated on a friday in june went to mack saturday started full time the following monday. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

My shop is small and at my house..  I still get a bunch done here, but I have customers that let me use thier shops,  hard to find employee's, so i'm it...  I drive my service truck to these shops and get it done..  jojo

KIMG0747.JPG

KIMG0748.JPG

i remember you posted these picture once before; i'm extremely impressed. i had a FA hino with flat bed dump. tried to "buy American" , my major number two job , construction co had a fleet of F-450 diesels. couldn't deal with it takes 5 acres to turn them around, the small cabover would turn in a tight circle.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

"but nobody told me " that note was in their operators manual! LOL a number of new trucks came in with complaint of air leak, bring it in SET THE BRAKE : can't find any leak. some of the new save the world  technology was a challenge .old timers didn't know or care about the new stuff, let the new kid figure it out. i was fortunate to have learned from the best mechanics of the older iron. 

LOL, that save the world Technology , I can handle .  Todays Technology ............ no thanks . I will run my old reliable stuff till I retire or the government makes me park it. 

• Like 1

Keith 

9 hours ago, fjh said:

I was that guy 45 years ago! That said your comment above applied to me up till the point The Big V got involved ! So the always will,

don't count for me!  My get up and go got up and went after that! We had a good product up to that point in time ! But now its just a main stream POS Like everything else ! Ya they had there issues but they addressed them for the most part!  Thankfully I have retired as of Jan 31 2022 ! Hanging it up after almost 50 years !Started with Mack in 1972 back when they were still building real trucks and were a bit forward thinking kept things relatively simple and straight forward ! Everyone said back then! Wouldn't by a Mack because  you were stuck buying your parts thru them which was partly true back then BUT WAY WORSE these days! For All the Company's building the throw away  trucks and equipment of this era !The generation of waste! This is how we are saving the environment!   Oh well !

Sorry just rambling 

Cause I have the time!  😁

Congratulations on your retirement !!  

I agree with you 100% on the generation of waste.  Nothing is designed to last. Nothing at all.

LOL, don't worry about your rambling , after 50 years of changes to the industry , your entitled to vent . Im able to keep my old R models running nicely but I probably couldn't even change a headlight in a new truck .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keith 

If you dont have PTT to tell the 'Light control module' that you fixed it,   well,,,  there you go..  When a truck can throw a code and E-Mail Sweden to tell them the E.A.T.S. system is F'd up, and the printer at the closet Mack/Vo dealer, get's a work order and schedules it's own repair visit, then directs the driver to go to that location for an "Uptime" repair...   You know we are ALL F'd!!!!...  MY 2 cent's.... because I can.... :) Jojo

• Haha 1