look like alot of macks here

Back In Black Pulling

22 hours ago, DavCut said:

Looks like the Superliner Hydroseeder went for $45 K.  Not bad for a 35 year old truck...

I fixed it. I suspect the buyer was after the body mostly. We all love a nice Superliner on this forum (especially a superdog with a cat under the hood) but to most landscapers / environmental companies a chassis like this is just a liability to them.

• Like 1

There is another auction posted in the “Equipment and Tools” thread with a pair of 1971 DM800’s in it. One has a stainless dump body on it which if I had to guess is why the bids on it are  currently 10x higher than its twin that doesn’t have a body .

9 hours ago, DavCut said:

One has a stainless dump body on it which if I had to guess is why the bids on it are  currently 10x higher than its twin that doesn’t have a body .

That is a Penn body. They were a dump body manufacturer from Johnstown, PA. Long gone and out of business. They may have been acquired by and/or became Thiele Bodies. That one looks to be in extraordinary shape. That thing would cost a fortune to get fabricated today. Would be a nice as a period correct body for a dump restoration project if somebody needs one. 

• Like 1

I'll see if I can write this correctly this time @67RModel...

The stainless steel dump body with the 71 DM800 under it sold for $14,000.

The second 71 DM800 sold for $5,000.

The DM600 "parts truck" sold for $1,200.

All three, along with a number of the parts lots where sold to "onsite".  Maybe a fellow BMT member is scooping them all up and will post about them soon... 🙂

Dave