Adding a sleeper to a b model

How close to Pittsburgh are you? I scoured the country for a very specific period and style of Rest Rite sleeper a few years ago for a project I plan to do. Ended up finding one in New York. I placed a wanted add in the ATHS classifieds and got a lot of leads on all types of old sleepers. You would be amazed at how many guys have these things laying around in barns and sheds. I'm not sure if your looking for a specific make or size but I would try a wanted ad with ATHS. Also you could try Adleman's in Canton, Ohio. They have a pretty large junk yard but I don't know if you would find anything period correct. I looked on Marketplace and there's always quite a few on there....mostly later model peterbilt units and they are always asking a fortune for them. I know of a somewhat period correct Rest Rite sleeper very local to Pittsburgh from my search a while back the guy was willing to give me but its it pretty rough shape and needs completely rebuilt. Its still attached to a late 60s or early 70s Brockway. I had already found and bought mine so I didn't pursue it but its still there as far as I know. 

There was a yellow B Model I used to see at the truck show in St. Ignace every year that had a Peterbilt flat top bunk on it and it looked really good. The width matched perfect with the side stacks and the rounded corners of the Pete bunk match the shape of the B quite well.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

this one is a 36 witch is the size I wanted its 90 in wide its a little big but once it's mounted I can adjust my stack out to cover some of it and it's only a bit higher than the cab .I'll have to get it set on there to see exactly how it's going to look I'm just happy it's not all rotted out

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

I think your right Larry I just pulled one out and it has amc362130 on the inner non locking and looks like amc360202 on the outer locking ones both are labeled right they are in the left upper door

• Like 1

looks like most of them are a handle and no lock I might just go with the ones that were for rear doors they don't have the hole in them and it looks like they have to be the larger one not the short ones from a smaller amc I don't really care if they lock