Pictures of the Week

other dog

48 minutes ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

That girl with the cucumber.....Bring her to me..........oooops I mean the single screw Allentown F-Model......Or maybe I mean both? 

Now you know Star wouldn't let you keep her, any more than Zina from Gladys let me keep the girl in the basket at the Winfall Piggly-Wiggly.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

19 hours ago, Brocky said:

Thanks Tommy!!! I went to ATHS Western North Carolina in Cherokee NC. They had about 75 trucks. No pictures🤥!!

Somebody posted some pictures on Facebook,  looks like there were more trucks there than there was at Colfax. I guess it's good to have more smaller local shows, but these two probably took some of each other's trucks because they're pretty close.

On 10/21/2021 at 7:26 PM, Joey Mack said:

To a Yankee,  that's just a repair that needs to get done....  sometime...  jojo (yankee)

One of the floor panels came yesterday. I was impressed,  it looked good, not flimsy at all like I was expecting.

20211024_131852.thumb.jpg.59567636b45f3fc68c8b0886ba613f41.jpg

This one is for the passenger side. I actually ordered them from Summit Racing.

Now, the radiator support piece I need is $200 from the Bronco Graveyard place, but $95 at some other place. Cheapest is not always the best way to go, but neither is paying twice as much for something if it's of similar quality, so I'll look into that a little more. 

• Like 1

Looks like a good quality panel. But also looks like quite extensive body work is ahead. Worth to double check with those who are supposed to make the weld on the labour cost matter.

Forgot to say thanks for the show pics. Plenty of nice trucks and I was impressed seeing two Bighorns together at the same time even more than that darn sexy cucumber girl.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

6 hours ago, other dog said:

Somebody posted some pictures on Facebook,  looks like there were more trucks there than there was at Colfax. I guess it's good to have more smaller local shows, but these two probably took some of each other's trucks because they're pretty close.

You are right!! Since supposedly both chapters have the same ATHS RVP, I have to assume venue availability may have been a factor.. Did you run into Double Clutching Weasel?? I did not see him at Cherokee and he lives about half way between the shows..

Brocky

5 minutes ago, Brocky said:

You are right!! Since supposedly both chapters have the same ATHS RVP, I have to assume venue availability may have been a factor.. Did you run into Double Clutching Weasel?? I did not see him at Cherokee and he lives about half way between the shows..

Not to my knowledge, but I wouldn't have known him if I saw him. I didn't see anybody there that I knew, except Zina from Gladys. 

I was wearing my Big Mack Trucks T shirt too.

49 minutes ago, other dog said:

Not to my knowledge, but I wouldn't have known him if I saw him. I didn't see anybody there that I knew, except Zina from Gladys. 

I was wearing my Big Mack Trucks T shirt too.

He came up to our chapter tent at Brad Wike's show in Lincolnton and introduced himself. Mid to late 50's, about 5'10", 180 or so, brown hair with some grey.. I would probably recognize his face if I saw him again??

• Like 1

Brocky

On 10/25/2021 at 9:18 AM, other dog said:

One of the floor panels came yesterday. I was impressed,  it looked good, not flimsy at all like I was expecting.

20211024_131852.thumb.jpg.59567636b45f3fc68c8b0886ba613f41.jpg

This one is for the passenger side. I actually ordered them from Summit Racing.

Now, the radiator support piece I need is $200 from the Bronco Graveyard place, but $95 at some other place. Cheapest is not always the best way to go, but neither is paying twice as much for something if it's of similar quality, so I'll look into that a little more. 

Country of origin??- I think that is always the big question on these old body panels.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:36 AM, other dog said:

I was driving along a back road minding my own business a few weeks ago when I spotted a Ford F150 sitting in a yard with a "for sale" sign in the windshield. I've been wanting a pickup for a while, but I thought back to the last time I saw a pickup for sale by the road... 

It was a nice looking short bed 4wd Dodge, so I went back to take a closer look. Everybody has a short bed square body Chevrolet pickup, but nobody has a Dodge. So I ended up buying that Dodge, paid way too much for it, but I had big plans for it- I was going to get it painted, put some mud tires on it, it would be sharp, or so I thought. Actually all it ended up being was a money pit, never could get it running like it was supposed to. It ran great when it ran, but it would just die periodically, and you never knew when it was going to quit. Might run 2 weeks without a hitch, or it might start acting up before I got out of the driveway. So after spending a small fortune on it and replacing everything I could think of, and taking it to every garage and shop from Appomattox to Concord to Gladys and having them do everything they could think of, with the same results, I got tired of throwing money away on it and sold it- for a lot less than I paid for it.

DSC_0368.JPG.e767e543c73284cd783c8980897b920d.JPG

So when I saw this Ford I kept right on riding, never even slowed down.

pu246t.jpg.24c98a1d79773ea7bc67581aec8709d9.jpg

But as I was riding along in Rustburg one day I thought i'd go take a look at it, it was only a mile or so down to it after you turned by the store on the corner. I must have looked too long, because Zina from Gladys got out of the car and came over to look too. What had caught my attention was the price- $1,800. It was the first time i'd seen what appeared to be a reasonably priced pickup for a long time.

The owner was there and he came over to start it for me, but it wouldn't start. The right front tire was low too- reminded me of the old Dodge! Anyway, he said he would put a new battery in it if I wanted to come back and drive it. He called the next day and said he put a brand new battery in it so I went back to Rustburg and took it for a test drive. 

It ran ok except it idled a bit fast, but it had about a quarter turn of play in the steering wheel. I got Zina from Gladys to turn the wheel while I looked under the front end and the center drag link was obviously loose, it had a lot of play in it. And the tires were all low, that right front only had 20 lbs. in it. And a U-joint was "ticking" when you would go from 1st. to reverse, and I found the rear joint was bad when I would hit it with my hands.

pa24.jpg.eaafe12ededcac3d426ec4d6b1e2ce7d.jpg

So here's an actual photo of me and Pammeler Anderson that was taken the last time I was in sunny Florida, to relieve the boredom of a long post.

But the truck had nice looking tires on it, so I bought it.

pu2466.jpg.60ebc7e7cb88cf8f2036b5ec55cf981c.jpg

The guy I bought it from said he only used it for hunting, he probably didn't even notice the play in the steering. I took it straight to a garage in Concord and told them to go over it with a fine tooth comb, and evidently they did. It needs all these items-

pu2461-2.thumb.jpg.0c470a3a1bb321e85415aa0826e24c0d.jpg

I was just going to patch the rust holes in the floorboard, but I went ahead and ordered patch panels yesterday. It has the 300 6 cylinder in it and a 4 speed, and even after the parts and work I still have less in it than I paid for that POS Dodge.

I often look but never reply.....but you're AWSOME Otherdog!!!!!

Hard to have a bad day when you read your posts, LOL

You're first post in this one sounds just like me Other Dog. When I owned my big trucks, I couldn't afford a new pickup. All my money went into the business.

So I see this 2007 F550 4x4 for sale. A truck I knew, and my dream truck.....aluminum wheels, diesel, 12 foot flatbed, V-Mac underhood air compressor, 10 foot Boss vee plow. So I buy it and fix a few things and have 20 grand into it.

Then I get out of trucking and get an awesome job in a gold mine. Think to myself "this F550 is the perfect truck for running 50 miles of gravel washboard bush road every week into the mine."

Well, it beat the crap out of me on that rough road and broke down to the tune of a $1100 injection pressure regulator on the way home first trip.

Ended up having to GIVE it away for 14 grand and went and bought a brand new F150 with warranty when employee pricing sale was on, LOL

• Like 1

May I suggest that after you fit the new panel, apply rust converter to any other surface rust, then apply a clear prime seal coat top and bottom to protect immediately. Then buy a pail of Lizard skin and spray all the underside and top side floor, especially all the weld joints and seam joints. Best to clean underside with high pressure to remove all crap etc.

The LS will give you a life time protection, have a look at B75 restoration posts, there are pics there to see the LS applied to our B model, he applied in his cabin.

A bit expensive but pays for itself because you know you have sealed the steel panels properly and you can rest with ease. Make sure you cab is water tight, especially water leakage from the windscreen rubbers. And you can apply it to inside bottom of the doors, but do the rust conversion first.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 4:20 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Dunno if thats such a big deal, I  would be just thankful you could get them, hopefully they are made local but if not and even if its a bit flimsy its a heck of a lot better than a gaping hole surrounded by rust 

Paul 

This is very true. It was made in Taiwan. I ordered it from Summit Racing, and like I said it is a very stout piece. I didn't know Summit had stuff like that, but when I googled the repair panels they were one of the first places to come up. Only bad part is trhat I still haven't gotten the one for the driver side, and that side is the worst.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:46 PM, mowerman said:

Oooooooooooo looks like you decided to fix it great idea go for it bud good choice… bob

yes Bob, I still think a cab swap is too much for me to do, and I don't have anywhere to do it if I could, or anybody to help me. But I did find a good parts truck for $800. I was looking at used beds, because the one on the rust bucket is pretty rusty too, and used beds are as much as a cab. I can use the bed, seat, rear gas tank, tail gate, windshield wiper switch, and a mirror off of this one. And that's just the things that come to mind off the top of my head. Of course I don't have any hair left up there to hold anything in.

This truck has a re-man 302 in it and it ran good. The owner parked it because the transmission was bad. I don't know what's wrong with it, he just said "the transmission blew up." I can probably sell the 302 pretty easy and get a few bucks.

And when the bed is off we can get to the frame easy, and that rear gas tank too. I don't even know if I need to switch tanks, the guy I bought the rust bucket from said it leaked if you filled it up, so it might just need the rubber piece on the filler neck or something.

250999788_292918676025709_3786373738990081625_n.jpg.623925f091eb4b2870653208662b1df1.jpg

252928044_4192127864227230_272497951906827095_n.jpg.11a7b3af30aa538e71bbd67bda707af0.jpg

• Like 1