Pictures of the Week

other dog

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Seems that just every part of the bodies is available as a rust repair part, honestly at these prices I would just have a go at fixing the cab 

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile/Truck-87-91/products/187/2/0

Paul

Thank you, and funny you should say that, because I was just looking and found the piece to repair the rusted out cab mounts. I only saw it as part of a kit though, it came with the floor panels and door pieces.  I already ordered the floor panels, but I can send them back.

The mechanics over at F.L. Moore and Sons said to bring it over and we'll put it over the grease pit and take a good look at it underneath. Then if we can fix the broken frame, that's exactly what I'm going to do, just replace the rusted out floor panels and cab mounts. Putting a whole cab on it would be more expensive I'm sure, and probably above my skill level anyway.

And they have the forklift to lift the body off, and we can roll it in and out of the shop instead of working on the ground under a tree.

So I feel better about it today than I did yesterday. 

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

well, anyhow, (as a man I once worked for used to say) i'm about to "scratch out", as nocluejoe66 would say, and head on down to Colfax, N.C. Maybe i'll see dignitaries like Joey Mack or the man with the red shirt and straw hat.

6 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

You too kind.. I cant go. My back is so f'd up that I cant drive. My wife is taking me to the Dr. today.. I wish I could go... jojo

Sorry about your back...It was a beautiful day for a truck show. Very small show, but nice. We bought some peppers at the farmers market there too, the place was packed. Because of the nice weather I guess. I started to buy a bottle of that blueberry wine, but it was $15 and I'm on a fixed income now😁, plus I have a rust bucket to fix.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 3:08 PM, other dog said:

Thank you, and funny you should say that, because I was just looking and found the piece to repair the rusted out cab mounts. I only saw it as part of a kit though, it came with the floor panels and door pieces.  I already ordered the floor panels, but I can send them back.

The mechanics over at F.L. Moore and Sons said to bring it over and we'll put it over the grease pit and take a good look at it underneath. Then if we can fix the broken frame, that's exactly what I'm going to do, just replace the rusted out floor panels and cab mounts. Putting a whole cab on it would be more expensive I'm sure, and probably above my skill level anyway.

And they have the forklift to lift the body off, and we can roll it in and out of the shop instead of working on the ground under a tree.

So I feel better about it today than I did yesterday. 

Od you really need to look closer befor you buy

• Haha 1

Just a suggestion, but maybe there's a similar pickup that needs an engine or something with a better body and frame ?  Might be easier to swap engines or running gear ?  and something that doesn't run isn't worth much more than scrap at best.  and speaking of better bodies.......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, other dog said:

I guess I do, but I got over-excited when I found a truck I could actually afford- but, the mechanic at the garage didn't see it until it was on the lift and he started working on it. And the dang thing had a good inspection sticker on it, that kind of pisses me off the most. I told the guy I bought it from about it and sent him pictures, and he apologised and said he didn't know. And I believe him. But whoever inspected it for him, that's a different story.

All that didn't happen since the last inspection, somebody just slapped a sticker on it and collected their $20 and didn't inspect $#it. It's good to know somebody like that sometimes, I might have done some sketchy things to get a sticker before, like using a beer can and two hose clamps to hide an exhaust leak or something, but this is too much, it's ridiculous really.

But i'm not going back on anybody to get them in trouble, and I should have looked closer. I probably would have still bought the truck, but at least I would have known what I needed to do and I probably could have gotten it a little cheaper. 

And, on the bright side, I have located about everything I need to fix it. 

Then I saw this girl in the produce section at the Winfall Winn-Dixie on the way home. She said ''excuse me, is this a cucumber or a zuccini"?

I said ''how should I know, do I look like a botanist or whatever you call it to you''?

She just stared at me and I continued on to the beer section.

winfall24.jpg.a8b9db9fc6b197ab47047f78ed9fef58.jpg

Seemed suspicious to me, I think she knew exactly what it was.

must be cold in there........

3 hours ago, Mark T said:

Just click on the picture and scroll down, Took me a couple times to figure it out. 

Thanks for guiding. It's something new to me, about a kind of a cucumber with batteries Swishy mentioned in his post.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012