11:00R 24, Tire Wobble

just watched the video, he used a hammer for indicating, same as using a block of wood or spray can ;case someone is confused about me writing the text above with block of wood etc for straightening wheel.  we have all talked about the install process ; no one mentioned the danger of taking the wedges off. once saw a person come close to injury kneeling  in front of the tire after taking the nuts off and hitting the tire to loosen the wedges. never take the nuts completely off. loosen them  then stand on the side and hit the rim with sledge hammer. wedges will fly with force if nuts aren't on to stop them.

27 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

blackdog2

62 ton concrete  I-beam; did you work for blakeslee prestress ? mid 70's blakeslee rented a fleet of DM 611's from new haven truck rental. huge single axles and tandems . had 4in spacers under the 100 ton  turn table fifth wheels.

Hallamore motor trans. doing I-691 for blakeslee for Arute bro's we had 2 DM-800 and 2DM-600 96-beam's for all bridge's crossing with 5-axle trailer's 90-ft long on a bolster plate with a 3/4 cable in between .

• Like 1

Ed

5 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

just watched the video, he used a hammer for indicating, same as using a block of wood or spray can ;case someone is confused about me writing the text above with block of wood etc for straightening wheel.  we have all talked about the install process ; no one mentioned the danger of taking the wedges off. once saw a person come close to injury kneeling  in front of the tire after taking the nuts off and hitting the tire to loosen the wedges. never take the nuts completely off. loosen them  then stand on the side and hit the rim with sledge hammer. wedges will fly with force if nuts aren't on to stop them.

He mentions the taking the wedges off part in the video. It's actually a very good video of how to change a tire on a Dayton equipped truck.   I wonder now about the bees down under .....  maybe they have those murder hornets or something that are really well hung ??

6 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

No way Jose  you put a socket at the bottom of a tire ha ha that’s the only way and hell I forgot all about tapping the keepers ha ha Ha while the nuts are are still on it’s been 48 years since I did one and yes you do not need an air wrench just makes it a little easier…. Bob

• Like 1

All Good Redhorse..

If All your Wheel Studs are the same length, & Nuts identical. You Can get it Damn Close just by having the same number of Threads sticking through each of the Nuts..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -