Spectacular R model up for auction

18 hours ago, mowerman said:

Haha got this out of a Oakland California fire engine a friend of mind parted out ….it has 111,000 I still think that truck has more miles than what it says my guess is they might of bought it from another owner maybe picked it up pretty right and generally fire equipment has a lot more of their own personality’s who knows truck is still gorgeous… bob

oakland ca firetrucks run dang near every day. 

that freehold nj tanker truck may have gone out on a fire call once a month. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 hours ago, mackey58 said:

I sure  hope it found a nice home here.nit some shit hole country 

I know what you mean . I'm pretty sure its gone to a good home . Exporters don't usually spend that much $$$. Not up here anyway .  

Hopefully the new owner knows or finds this website and lets us know about their new purchase. 

• Like 1

Keith 

9 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

You'll be able to tell if I got it as my ass will be wtuck in a lawn chair with esky beside me while I just sit and stare for hour after hour

Paul 

LOL, I do that anyway with my old jalopies 

• Like 1

Keith 

On 8/22/2021 at 3:14 AM, Jeff M said:

The RD gavelled at $69,000.  I sure hope we can find out where it ended up.  

you know if someone paid that much for it,,,im sure he or she would be coddling it same as a small dog...and like someone said,im sure its not going to leave here,,,unless its possibly australia not sure of the situation,,but i talked to a guy years ago,,,from there,,,in oakland california....and he said macks are so expensive over there..is was cheaper for him to buy R model here,and have all the drivers stuff switched over to the right side,and shipped over there.than it was to buy his R model there...like wow man...but that was 35 years ago...bob

bob

Bob, I think if it went to Australia about the only man down there, with that big a checkbook to also include shipping, would be Tony Champion. He already has several left hand drive vehicles in his collection.

• Like 2

Brocky

I cant see anyone buying it for export to Australia or any other part of the world for that money

I could be wrong and unfold my deck chair and be filling my esky to get ready to sit and stare but highly unlikely 

Paul

Edited by mrsmackpaul
  • Like 2