correct me where I'm rong (again)

a tandem drive with 2 speed diffs

Has 1 low speed with both diffs in low range

has high speed with both diffs in high range

intermediate range with one diff in low and the other diff in high

Am I close or no cigar

LOL

cya

Thanks for the photos and videos. I’ve only been to this show once and really enjoyed it. I would have liked to go this year.  Maybe  ext year if my father ever gets his 758 back from the body shop. 
I wish we could get something like this going for Autocar.  There are a loT of Autocars out there but the show is very small.  Michael 

• Like 2

Tom and Eric,

Thanks for taking the time to post all these pictures and videos. Several trucks I have not seen before.. What was the display count this year?? This show is on my planning list for next year.

Brocky

16 hours ago, yarnall said:

Thanks for the photos and videos. I’ve only been to this show once and really enjoyed it. I would have liked to go this year.  Maybe  ext year if my father ever gets his 758 back from the body shop. 
I wish we could get something like this going for Autocar.  There are a loT of Autocars out there but the show is very small.  Michael 

The lack of activity around the Autocar name plate when it comes to an annual show has always puzzled me. After all, there is no shortage of trucks or people interested in the brand and they certainly were more prevalent than Brockway. I guess the magic formula hasn't been figured out yet.

thats very interesting.....there used to be tons of them when i grew up in new england....mostly with diamond plate fenders...i had a push around steel model when i was a kid,,,setup that way,,,,seems more guys would be fixing them up..and getting together...with them....i know kings county truck lines...in northern california...has a restored one...look it up im sure they have photos of it..i think it has a fiberglass nose,i saw it in reno around 20 years ago,at a truck show...bob

2 hours ago, DailyDiesel said:

The lack of activity around the Autocar name plate when it comes to an annual show has always puzzled me. After all, there is no shortage of trucks or people interested in the brand and they certainly were more prevalent than Brockway. I guess the magic formula hasn't been figured out yet.

I'm not really a show type if person, I do know that having the right mix of people running the show can be the biggest problem 

I was involved for many years in the Caterpillar club in QLD Australia and it went great, numbers swelled but getting new people to get involved was a challenge 

Old hands at running the show can be a challenge as some dont want it run any other way 

Dunno what the right mix is but when it's right it just runs along so smoothly 

Paul

9 hours ago, oldspwr said:

I understand the total count was 118.  I believe the record was around 149? but with everything going on and border being closed, it was still a great turnout.

Not bad for having the Canadian boys blocked out and some people still scared of this virus.. I think the record was the 2012 100th anniversary show with 158(?) on the street and 9 more at the museum.

Where were the trucks and museum spectators parked with the building of the new fire house part of the museum??? Eric's videos showed a very open field???

Brocky

Hi Brocky...

The fire house is coming along real nice.  Unfortunately I didn't get a great pic of it but I'm sure someone did.  This is all I have...

The field was open because they needed a staging area for the fire works.

Tom

IMG_5735 (Large).JPG

Edited by oldspwr
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 8:32 AM, D-Day said:

I grew up on the west coast saw almost every truck you could see from the 60s on up on the roads and highways but never a Brockway only after moving to North Carolina I saw them in the 90s

Actually Brockway's made it world wide.. Peter Grimm's hearse came from Brazil and there is a late 30's Brockway fire truck in the museum which they drove up from Argentina to trade in on a new Brockway. When I was Down Under in 2015 Archie Baines had a right hand drive post war Model 88 in his Victoria AU bone yard. There is also a WW 2 era Military Brockway 6 X 6 that has been restored in England.

Edited by Brocky

Brocky