Are these 2 issues related?

On 7/13/2021 at 5:43 PM, Joey Mack said:

since its a CL.... there are 5 roof lights, 3 holes each, an air horn or 2 with airline hole and mount bolt holes, 1 factory antenna, 5 pairs of sun visor nutserts, and windshield seals. several places for rain to get in...  Just my 2 cents.... Jojo

It doesn’t look like rain is getting in from up top, but it could be running down the seal and then they just happens to be the lowest point. I’ll have to keep al eye on it.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:07 AM, Onyx610 said:

I’d suggest taking the time to really dry the cab out and then seeing what happens with the gauges. Either way that should be done. 

I’ve dried out the cab and the trucks just been sitting, haven’t had a chance to investigate further. But good chance the water is causing the issues 

I just had another thought......  Is the cab rusted under the valence panel below the wind shields?  look at the underside of the panel , the best you can.....  its only about 8 T-25 screws to pull it off, just keep a check on the washer hoses... no biggie... jojo

12 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

OK....   door seals? 

Doorseals could be a good possibility, water seems to pool up a little in the bottom of the seal when it rains. 

12 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I just had another thought......  Is the cab rusted under the valence panel below the wind shields?  look at the underside of the panel , the best you can.....  its only about 8 T-25 screws to pull it off, just keep a check on the washer hoses... no biggie... jojo

I’ll have to take a look and see, currently trying to decide what I’m going to do with the truck. It’s almost august and I haven’t been able to put it to work yet. At this point I think I’m just going to wait until next year and try again. Undecided at the moment. 

Mack Gray RTV can get you by.....  just seal everything... I am currently building a CH, and put mack Gray on all of the roof parts....  been here done this.... jojo

23 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Mack Gray RTV can get you by.....  just seal everything... I am currently building a CH, and put mack Gray on all of the roof parts....  been here done this.... jojo

Water is certainly getting in, we’ve had some really hard rains the past few days, you can see water spots on the cb, and all over the gauge cluster. I gotta call safelite and see what they are going to do, as I know it certainly wasn’t happening before the windshield was replaced. The good thing is at the end of all this I’ll sure I’m gonna know this truck inside and out!

• 2 weeks later...

Anything specific that I should do to the truck? It’s going to sit until springtime. Im assuming I’ll want something to keep rodents out. And start it every so often, when it gets cold I’ll have to put an additive in the tanks as it’s summer fuel in them. 
edit* appears it’s possible I have a rodent in the truck, I set a trap and orderd some repellent pouches to put around the truck/ engine. 

Edited by Dmurph2016

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 10:47 PM, Dirtymilkman said:

Your cluster lights and issues sound like a bad printed circuit board to me. They were pretty common to go bad. If you gently lift on the plug on the back of the speedo, your lights may come on. 

Seems to be working fine now, but I won’t know as I’m going to have the truck sit for the rest of this reason. Have to see how it goes in the spring of the mice/chipmunks don’t get to it!