Hello from Ohio.

Oldfart

I joined to learn from the experts on Mack trucks. I just bought an 06 Powerstroke dually, its my 3rd diesel dually the others being Cummins. I'm interested in getting an older Mack tractor just to drive around in my retirement.  My wife and friends think I'm nuts, I don't see why that's any different than owning a muscle car or hot rod.

Hell.... You'd be better off riding an old Mack, than any modern diesel pick/up... to hell with the mileage differnce, the Mack wont "Lay-Down" like the computer trucks.. heck, you may get 7-8 MPG, but who cares??? I have a '48 International K-B 7, (gasser),,and I'm just going to go get groceries and 2x4's with it and it's all good.... I hope i'm nut's too...😉.. Jojo

• Like 1

Not sure I know what you mean by "lay down". I've never been one to go with the trendy crap most folks do. I think that's why I think outside the box so much. I like what I like and really don't care what others think. I like the R models styling, kinda what I saw on the road most as a kid.

• Like 2

I love talking my Mack fire engines out for rides. It’s my opinion that the folks I’ve met in both the fire truck world and truck world are awesome people. I’ve helped and been helped by total strangers which has often developed into cherished relationships. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi oldfart from another oldfart. I too am a nut as I have 40 yo Superliner which I use for shopping and driving around, soon when painted hot rod shows. Interesting when I need to park across numerous car parks as it’s over 9 meters long. Enjoy your R model it’s a piece of history which NO other truck manufacturer worldwide has never and will never match.

• Like 2

Hi oldfart, buy it drive it, enjoy it and  dont worry about the cook saying your nuts, she marriec and has been with you for years so I guess she's even more nuts lol

Oh and welcome to the forum

Paul

Edited by mrsmackpaul
  • Like 1

Whats wrong with that?. I have 4 model A fords (3 hot rods and one stock) a '57 Chevy short step BBW, a 1944 IH firetruck, a '35 Ford 1 1/2 ton wrecker and i just picked up my 3rd B-61 yesterday. If you are nuts, what does that make me??. R model macks are plentifull and cheap and  would make a great "cruiser" IMO. Would be awesome if you found a good early one with the steel dash (something I didn't even know existed until "doubleclutchinweasel" introduced me to them). Don't hold back (but don't snap up the first one you find unless it's exactly what you want for a good price). There are lots available and parts galore. 

Welcome to BMT!

Plenty of "nuts", I mean truck nuts are here.

I personally have a R-model for fun. Cruise it from time to time when the weather's good and don't see anything wrong with that. Also I'm pretty sure a man should not be selfish. If you have fun it's good when you also give some fun to your neighbours. Ha-ha:)

Vlad

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012