H Model Restoration

The heater box and the lever boots are eye candies!

And both the dashes too!

A point - sticker or a plate is needed to attach onto the cab lifting pump with notice to "unzip the sticks before lifting" :)

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Your truck is coming together really nicely. I especially like your idea of the zippers on the shifter boot. If you don't mind, I'd like to borrow that design for my H63. It would be a big improvement over the rubber floor mat I have over that hot and noisy hole now. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 9:44 PM, mattb73lt said:

Interesting what Mack did to the dash for two different models they made out of the original design.

I see your breakers are mounted solid in the dash...the H model has a removeable panel which makes it easier to wire the breakers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 9:14 PM, mattb73lt said:

They look sharp. Nice paint work, BTW. Great gloss and reflection.

I can't take credit for that, I am definitely not a body/paint man. The guy who did the work is an artist.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In Australia the angles have sit proud of the flange so there is 1/8 gap between the plate and the chassis rail flange

Would be a shame if the same rules applied over there and you had to bugger up the paint work

Great stuff and a very detailed video 

Paul 

8 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

In Australia the angles have sit proud of the flange so there is 1/8 gap between the plate and the chassis rail flange

Would be a shame if the same rules applied over there and you had to bugger up the paint work

Great stuff and a very detailed video

Paul 

So they don't want the fifth wheel sitting directly on the frame rail? I wonder why that is.

No idea why, Im sure plenty of people smarter than me can answer that

It might be only a Australian thing and not be a issue at all, I  just figured if it was going to be a issue in the future at rego time it's pretty quick and simple to fix it now 

Paul