12spd and 4.17 rear.

Bliue dm

Most of the changes  in gearing here we used to do was to change to  4.64 due to the V8 ! Anything over 400 would eat the 4:17/ 4:42 ratios for breakfast in the offroad type settings  here!  lots of hills! Used rebuild lots of these top gear sets would pit out and break! the above ratios were a simple top gear set change!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I just calculated what I do, you dont wanna see my results

Give you speedy buggers nightmares lol

20210411-151844.jpg

Paul

You could just about pull Christ off the Cross with That Paul...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Steve L said:

I used to pull around 100 tons (don’t know what that is lbs) with a 237 F model 6 speed with 4.17s and never had a problem. So I’m sure it would do it easy Bliue 

Short ton 200,000 lbs......long ton 224,000 lbs ...

• Like 1

Ed

On 4/11/2021 at 11:40 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Or the ass out of the ocean lol 

Well thats why these old trucks are rated to 115 ton (215000 pounds) from new 

Originally had 5.73's someone pointed out to me a while that they had been changed as they are stamped 5.29 

Paul

I never heard about Mack 5.29 diffs. They were 5.32 or 5.13. If a real interest I'd jack up a tyre and count the prop shaft revs after spinning the wheel 10 or 20 turns. Another way is removing that big side cover off a carrier and make the teeth count. Sharp method but the issue you only can see the top gear set. No access to the bull gear excepting removing the carrier off the banjo.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

5 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I never heard about Mack 5.29 diffs. They were 5.32 or 5.13. If a real interest I'd jack up a tyre and count the prop shaft revs after spinning the wheel 10 or 20 turns. Another way is removing that big side cover off a carrier and make the teeth count. Sharp method but the issue you only can see the top gear set. No access to the bull gear excepting removing the carrier off the banjo.

Vlad you are possibly correct 

They were 5.73 when new, the carrier has 5.29 stamped on the top of it so I have just assumed that is what they are 

I did have that big cover off only months ago as it was weeping around it and replaced the O ring, or maybe gasket goo, dunno now 

Anyway that is my understanding, 95 km/h is revving pretty hard 

That is on the GPS thingy mahbob

Paul

On 6/13/2021 at 5:14 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

Vlad you are possibly correct 

They were 5.73 when new, the carrier has 5.29 stamped on the top of it so I have just assumed that is what they are 

I did have that big cover off only months ago as it was weeping around it and replaced the O ring, or maybe gasket goo, dunno now 

Anyway that is my understanding, 95 km/h is revving pretty hard 

That is on the GPS thingy mahbob

Paul

Paul, if you ever have one of those big covers off again it would be a good activity to take a piece of pencil and paper and write the number of teeth each of the gears of the top set has. You can't count the lower set teeth as I pointed but having the top set figures you can "count out" the ratio knowing existing combo's. Just let me know if you have any interest in the figuring.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012