220 Cummins, Backdrop Exhaust Manifold

I’ll let y’all know when I get it started, I’ll run a long piece of flex pipe just to run it a bit before I start on the cab , I’m sure I really won’t be able to tell until I get to drive it and make it work, Thanks for all the reply’s! I’ll keep plugging away at it 

• Like 1

Years ago I had a International K series bottle truck that was that yellow and you could plainly see where it was paint lettered on the doors "Coca-Cola" in their letting font of the time. I think that truck was late 1930's or early 1940's but far to gone to work with.

I donated it to a guy whom used it for parts.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

3 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

Still a long way to go,, the paint on the 5th wheel was the original color that was painted over the factory Red ( Found under the hood chrome & emblems) was matched by my local DuPont store,, This was the color on the cab, fenders, hood, 5th wheel & fuel tank. The top of hood and cab was white, still trying to trace the original owner from 51 to 60, the older guys locally told me it was purchased new and painted by the local Coke distributor, one guy said Royal Crown, I Do know it was purchased buy a local welding co in the early 60s , they put the recon 220 in it , the driver of it is still living, he said they never painted it , and we got it in 1969 ,, so still not sure who the original owner was ,,,, any ideas out there,,, looking at the yellow/ orange paint scheme? 

91A94DBD-D574-40BF-972D-0B090979D4F7.jpeg

I can't wait to see this thing finished.  As close as I am to you, it would be a crime not to see it in person.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I cant seem to get the video to play, anyone else have any luck ?

Paul

I couldn't get it to play either 😞    but FYI  the one with the bullnose KW is a pretty good consolation prize

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 9:38 PM, russell t said:

the manifold with the baffel keeping the ex from cylinders 4 5 & 6 seperate will give you more of the sound you are looking for

You are correct and only the ones that are back drop and have the Cummins Diesel cast in them will have the baffle that splits the cylinders into 3's.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey,  If anyone is interested. I have a Back Drop exhaust manifold for a 220 Cummins.

It's the one that shoots out the side not straight back. Maybe someone could tell me what it is worth as well.

When coupled with a straight pipe these have a very unique sound due to #6 shooting straight down the hole.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

503-803-1098

• 3 months later...