2005 mack cv713 400 AI I think also called a e7.  What is the contraption with all the hoses going to it under the turbo? There's a short rubber fitting with big hole in it and oil blowing out of it. Are these all vaccum lines? I'm a little lost here. 

That tube goes to the intake manifold on rear of driver side.  It is feed for A/C intake, that will cause you to loose turbo pressure, causing low power. Need top replace hose.

• Like 2

You mentioned that it is leaking oil out of that hose. That would suggest that the air compressor has failed. Drain the air tanks and see if there is oil coming out of them. Also check the purge valve on the air drier for excessive amounts of oil. 

Thanks for the pic.

V

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, trucking251 said:

Do you think the small piece of rubber hose with hose clamp is original or a quick fix? 

That hose is a quick fix. If its blue in color then more than likely it is original.

V

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Vmac3 said:

That hose is a quick fix. If its blue in color then more than likely it is original.

V

Yup agree ! also there is a second hose like that one on the under side of the inlet manifold! check on that too!Your best to use a heavily braided coolant hose OR the proper Blue heavily braided hose from mack land!

• Like 1

Thanks for info. I didn't mention that major amount of oil in exhaust, I assumed turbo and have new one on shelf ready to go in, would this cause oil in that hose? hoping to not have to replace compressor as well, seems to build air fine

I just noticed your picture.  I've been to the top of Mt. Washington twice..  I went up on a motorcycle once, it was great!. Jojo

23 hours ago, trucking251 said:

So here is pic. Figured out it is air compressor. But what is the hose that has big hole in it?

IMG_0065.jpg

That's called the hose that's going to make you buy a new compressor in this instance .

If you are asking me..... what I mean is the output of the turbo is called the compressor side, in some terms... I also think his air comp. intake goes around the back of the head to the bottom of the rear of the intake manifold.  i didnt see where it went to the elbow after the air filter...  thank you, jojo

The hose with the hole in it, is the intake, the larger steel pipe is the output.  the 2 #6 J.I.C. hoses is coolant flow , in-and-out, the 1/4" line is the signal line for the governor... 

AI most certainly is an EGR engine. I can almost remember the rigid line that hose with the hole in it rotting on those where it hides behind the engine on it's way up to the ducting from the air cleaner into the turbo.  

Those often fail due to due to heat  ,the compressor working  because of overtime air leaks is the air drier purging every fifteen seconds ?  ! Or clogged coolant lines!

• Like 2