Old School Mack Dump Truck & Pups (Mack 6 speed)

Gravel Kid

We ran them in semis grossing 80-85k depending on how you got loaded.    Let the Maxidyne do it’s thing and lug is down into it’s sweet spot with the torque.    If you think you have to keep the R’s up all the time you will always be tach’ed out.   Those guys with the bigger power and more gears may be ahead of you, but I really doubt they will get an extra load on you at the end of the day.  

• Like 2

I have been having this discussion with a friend.  He has a 94 RB mechanical E7 300 that’s cranked up and a 2060 trans.   Just thinks it’s a pooch cuz the large cats pull away at 50mph.  He wanted to change all kinds of shit thinking he was gonna go faster.   All I said was “boy you like shift gears and lose money”. 

• 1 year later...

When I was logging we loaded and set out trailers because of haul distances of 100 miles one way. We had W900 KW, 4900 Western Stars, 9400 Corn Binders all with air ride and 2 Superliner Macks with 350's and 9 speeds on 38 k camel back rears. In the winter when the red clay was the slickest we had to push every truck to get them off their landing gear and get them started. The Macks were about 20 minutes slower on the haul but they could drop and pick up their trailers without getting stuck allowing those drivers to pick up extra loads that were loaded after the crew had gone home. They just did so much better offroad than the other trucks did with air ride suspensions. Tough ole dogs!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...