Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I was heading south to Albany for Christmas with my family. We stayed last night at a little place called Kojonup, and I notice something parked off the Main Street. Had to go back and check it out. 
So am I right in guessing it a DM? It’s still left hand drive, and DM’s were never available in Australia. Wonder how it ended up down here?1685A1A7-60AE-4098-9814-57EB055F5BCD.thumb.jpeg.bfecd41a9fa98658f644a40a8eac36e2.jpeg041C2E56-C57D-4F8A-A753-A1E54E90D115.thumb.jpeg.f05dd238dad6878e4ac303f50858c18d.jpegC9DCD760-1B45-4714-8EF8-F3B4520D1981.thumb.jpeg.efefdb71fcba1e35d0b8af3ab477885e.jpegD5746004-6524-4C38-BC09-0B624B28CC4C.thumb.jpeg.7daa28a289230b84d5e0eaeefd750f51.jpegA7A217FF-8296-4261-9984-1E733056A8EC.thumb.jpeg.0ef0e4ae6b24ef46b54fdc30ca55d7e0.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

nice find TimB

it may have been imported by the yanks and used @ the Exmouth base .... then sold off

as recently as 1963 that a naval town serving the US Naval Communication Station, Harold E. Holt, and the Learmonth RAAF Base, was established.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-23.2816757,115.3631822,7.66z

many years ago there were a few International V200 trucks runing around here they were from the yanks @ Exmouth when they sold m off

the inter V200 looked like this one

[img]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc434/Ivorproject/v200.jpg[/img]

cya

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did it have a bend in chassis behind the cab, or at the back of the cab ?

 

Western Traders had a 6x6 Flinstone many years ago that wasnt ex army

Came out with some oil drilling mob is what they told me

Had a drop in the chassis rails at the back of the cab

 

Paul

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 9:17 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

Did it have a bend in chassis behind the cab, or at the back of the cab ?

 

Western Traders had a 6x6 Flinstone many years ago that wasnt ex army

Came out with some oil drilling mob is what they told me

Had a drop in the chassis rails at the back of the cab

 

Paul

 

The chassis was pretty strange. Almost certainly was bent in some way, from the angle I looked it seemed as though it was deeper at the front and tapered down to a more usual size at the rear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 7:40 AM, Swishy said:

nice find TimB

it may have been imported by the yanks and used @ the Exmouth base .... then sold off

as recently as 1963 that a naval town serving the US Naval Communication Station, Harold E. Holt, and the Learmonth RAAF Base, was established.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-23.2816757,115.3631822,7.66z

many years ago there were a few International V200 trucks runing around here they were from the yanks @ Exmouth when they sold m off

the inter V200 looked like this one

[img]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc434/Ivorproject/v200.jpg[/img]

cya

Your probably right there Swishy, I remember seeing the same truck for sale up at geraldton which isn’t too far from exmouth in the scale of things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 5:02 AM, Timmyb said:

The chassis was pretty strange. Almost certainly was bent in some way, from the angle I looked it seemed as though it was deeper at the front and tapered down to a more usual size at the rear. 

Normal for a DM model.   terry:MackLogo:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. There's a reason for a stepped style of the rails if the truck is 6x6. But this one doesn't have FWD so standart fishbelly style DM frame should work fine there.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...