R model circuit breakers.

Hi everybody, hope all is well. 
I’m replacing the dash in my old Mack. Doing a clean up of wiring and replacing a few other things while there. 
I am after some circuit breakers to suit an Aussie R model, perhaps they were the same as the US ones? Alternatively have any of you changed to a different type?

Any help is appreciated. 066FF356-1894-472D-A4E2-551BD15BD0A7.jpeg.73fb2c361a3b8a892fbe44d66f033c73.jpeg

7 hours ago, Timmyb said:

Paul, they are Westinghouse HBR N28 circuit breakers. 
I’ve got a line on some 2nd hand ones. 
Interesting that yours are different. On my old man Valueliner he has the same ones only a couple of extra ones. 

Westinghouse are now Eaton brand, so that might be a place to start

Paul

On 12/17/2020 at 2:02 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

Westinghouse are now Eaton brand, so that might be a place to start

Paul

Thanks Paul. 
Someone hypothesised that this type might have been used in fuel trucks. 
Im not sure, but the spare ones I found were out of an old shell truck, and mine was a shell truck also. Something to ponder anyway. 

• Like 1

Could well of been, "intrinsically safe" is proper name, in other words, explosion proof or spark proof

If it failed it wouldn't cause a spark

Australian fuel trucks were generally very lightly specced,  so if it has 34 ass end or something along those lines and is single rail it probably was a fuel truck

There are no doubt other tell tale signs if you new the right person to ask

As I understand it each fuel company had their own specific requirements and I feel these even varied from state to state

So if you new the right person to ask you could probably narrow it right down quite easily 

Paul

Edited by mrsmackpaul

The plot thickens, turns out they are actually AC breakers. Had 2 mates confirm that for me. 
Yeah mine came out with 34’s and short wheelbase and single rail. All of that has been changed in the 36 years it’s been alive. 
it also has an emergency shut off button, which activates the engine brakes to kill the engine. As well as the shell colours under the door rubbers.