Hey J Hancock where’d you go??????

mowerman

the ONLY good thing about ATHS is the book. the shows are mostly all big shot. not much for the small, one truck guy. your a peon and they let you know it, not to mention payin your ass off for everything the show offers including registering your truck oh and Admission to the show each and every day

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

21 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I joined ATHS a few years ago.  Then, I found out that got you absolutely NOTHING!  They also wanted you to join a local chapter, in addition to the nationwide club.

I let it die.

Ask anybody from N.H. what we think of ATHS. Our local truck club put up money to hire Attorneys to defend our club president after ATHS tried to sue them personally after we voted to leave ATHS.  It was a sad affair

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

On 12/1/2020 at 12:28 PM, Terry T said:

Plain and simply it was NOT a knee jerk reaction to a few posts. It really all started with just one or two former members who were asked to tone it down but instead decided to "poke the bear" and push and push. There were many discussions among mods & admin before the final decision was made. What happened behind the scenes with some of the former members played a big part in the decision but doesn't need to be posted publicly. I agree that Mr. Hancock not being here is a disappointment but he made the decision to be a part of the issue and seemed to have an agenda of his own. I'm very glad that he is at JOT and is posting his pics there as I do miss them here. 

I'm extremely glad that Truck Shop came back on board as I have truly enjoyed following his build and his knowledge is very important to our forum.

Just because they were the "top three posters" does not mean that they were posting non-stop good things about Macks, trucking, the old times, etc. Some of what was being posted was meant to create traffic on the threads and to stir controversy. I'm all for good healthy discussion but when name calling, racial slurs and the like become involved then it does not belong here.  And yes, in vailed ways, all of that was occurring with some of the posts/threads.

As for ATHS. Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice... Well, I'm ashamed and that happened long ago. However had the 2nd go around not happened then JOT wouldn't have come into being as a forum independent of ATHS so that actually turned out good in the long run.

I did not realize that JOT was an offshoot of ATHS.

Very interesting...

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

2 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I did not realize that JOT was an offshoot of ATHS.

Very interesting...

I think If You said this over there. You'd have "Robust Discussion" on your Hands.,:ninja:

The vast majority of them (Including the guys who Own/Run It) are (Extremely) dissatisfied EX members of  ATHS...

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

JOT was formed/built/started after the ATHS administration "Tanked" the discussion forums on their website in about 2015. JOT has recaptured the sense of community that ATHS had and has grown because of it.  Many of us are still ATHS members for various reasons but enjoy participating on JOT!!

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 2

Brocky

On 12/10/2020 at 7:06 AM, Brocky said:

JOT was formed/built/started after the ATHS administration "Tanked" the discussion forums on their website in about 2015. JOT has recaptured the sense of community that ATHS had and has grown because of it.  Many of us are still ATHS members for various reasons but enjoy participating on JOT!!

Brocky: What'd they do to tank it? Going through members private messages, banning large groups of good contributors, then not writing banned on their accounts so no one really knows how many are banned and when Mods are banning them? 🤫

KDog, Without going into long and outdated information it was basically MONEY!!!

The ATHS administration removed the control of the discussion forum part of their website from the ATHS members Online Division (Chapter) and replaced them with an outside contractor.

If you want more concise info PM me thru here..

• Like 1

Brocky

oooooooooooooooooooooooooh forgot to mention....i started riding with my pop in 1960 in a brockway,,,,broke in on a 2 stick mack,in 1975,ive worked the dock,owned my own trucks,broke down my own split rim tires,done in frames .....and yes frankly,i get my feelings hurt...when these phony idiots cant even say hi.....like wow man......i think i hear your mommy calling you....beat it.....lol.bob....just my 2 cents....as i mentioned....watts local show is way more fun....bob

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Brocky said:

KDog, Without going into long and outdated information it was basically MONEY!!!

The ATHS administration removed the control of the discussion forum part of their website from the ATHS members Online Division (Chapter) and replaced them with an outside contractor.

If you want more concise info PM me thru here..

That's a really dumb idea.