Air Govoner Hook Up

I replaced the Air compressor on my RS700L and I think the govener is hook up incorrectly.

First the govenor was originaly installed on the end of the compressor and had 2 lines running from it.

I wanted to remote mount it on the firewall so bplted it to the fire wall and I ran a line from the compressor to the bottom middle port with a tee fitting to feed the air dryer. then the bottom port farthest from the plastic end cap has a line to the air tank?

when the truck is running the exhaust hole (bottom port closest to the plastic cap) lets air escape?

did I some how cross the air dryer and air tank lines? or did I complertly mess things up?LOL

thanks

Trent

:MackLogo:

I replaced the Air compressor on my RS700L and I think the govener is hook up incorrectly.

First the govenor was originaly installed on the end of the compressor and had 2 lines running from it.

I wanted to remote mount it on the firewall so bplted it to the fire wall and I ran a line from the compressor to the bottom middle port with a tee fitting to feed the air dryer. then the bottom port farthest from the plastic end cap has a line to the air tank?

when the truck is running the exhaust hole (bottom port closest to the plastic cap) lets air escape?

did I some how cross the air dryer and air tank lines? or did I complertly mess things up?LOL

The following link should help: http://www.bendix.com/downloads/air_brake_...5057_online.pdf

Charlie

I will try again tonight

I bought it new but there were no instructions in the box? It looks as if its hooked up correctly but I might have mixed up the lines. there are letters and numbers on the govener but nothing that a rookie could understand. Thanks for the link 2K i will have to add that to my fav list

Trent :MackLogo:

• 1 month later...
I will try again tonight

I bought it new but there were no instructions in the box? It looks as if its hooked up correctly but I might have mixed up the lines. there are letters and numbers on the govener but nothing that a rookie could understand.  Thanks for the link 2K i will have to add that to my fav list

Trent :MackLogo:

The line from the compressor and air dryer goes to the CENTER set of holes, parrell to the mounting holes. the BOTTOM set of holes (furthest away from the rubber cap) goes to the tank.

Mike