I think it's okay to research thoroughly before tearing into stuff.  I do a lot of research on anything I do.  Sounds like you have LOTS of options to work with.  I particularly like the option of using it for "lawn art"!  That fits in with my comment on deciding if you want to work on it or not.  Sometimes, it just isn't what you want to do right now.  The main reason I sold my R is that i was at a point that I did not want to spend more time and money on that project...right at that time.

Stick around.  You'll have lots of fun on this forum.  Don't take anyone's comments too personally.  Lots of these guys know more about these things than the rest of us put together.  So, there is a lot of good info on here.  But, we are all individuals, too.  So, individual personalities will be seen, too.  And, sometimes somebody may come across a little strong.  But, for the most part, there intentions are good, and they really do try to help.

Just my two cents...

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I guess I kind of got the wrong impression too as well....:you didn’t want to waste 200 dollars  on a dead horseI might as well throw in the towel i’ve already thrown how about $2500 and my DM and I’ve barely even made a dent in it not including the purchase price.....: I guess we’re just making sure we’re all on the same page... bob

Depending if it is intake or exhaust valve is stuck, I'd pull either the intake or exhaust manifold soak the "stuck" valve with PB Blaster and free it up.  Couple of bucks for and intake or exhaust gasket is cheaper and easier the going into the top end on spec.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just now, 41chevy said:

Depending if it is intake or exhaust valve is stuck, I'd pull either the intake or exhaust manifold soak the "stuck" valve with PB Blaster and free it up.  Couple of bucks for and intake or exhaust gasket is cheaper and easier the going into the top end on spec.

Very good thinking.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

8 hours ago, Licensed to kill said:

I will find the information I seek elsewhere.

No need for you to take Your Bat & Ball Home just Yet..

There's a Wealth of Experience here, That WILL help you get Your Truck Going...

It's just that We're a; Straight Talking Straight, Shooting Bunch. That may (sometimes) be a little rough around the Edges..:SMOKIE-LFT:

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -