Macks For Sale

mackcl96

With a starting bid of 1.1 million,they better come with the timber and the land they came from

Everything that vendor lists is exhorbitantly priced. You will see it again because it will not sell and be broken into smaller segments.

Remember the "thousands" of B model parts in trailers, and buildings? Same vendor. Eventually pieced out over time.

Those RD-822's in total are probably worth about $60,000 each on the high side. Too specialized for most.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Everything that vendor lists is exhorbitantly priced. You will see it again because it will not sell and be broken into smaller segments.

Remember the "thousands" of B model parts in trailers, and buildings? Same vendor. Eventually pieced out over time.

Those RD-822's in total are probably worth about $60,000 each on the high side. Too specialized for most.

Rob

Would make a darn fine heavy hauler though! But yea at $220,000 each is ridiculous. But seeing as how trucks like that are rare I can see how he over priced them.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Would make a darn fine heavy hauler though! But yea at $220,000 each is ridiculous. But seeing as how trucks like that are rare I can see how he over priced them.

Agree. Wasn't Jersey on of the most liberal of states allowing heavy haulage and recently changing it's laws? It seems to be comming to a time where the politicians specifically want you to purchase an extra exhorbitant priced permit do be 1/2 way profitable. Around here the heavy lift crane companies don't even license their motor cranes. They just purchase temporary permits to allow them to move to jobsites due to cost as it's much less expensive.

I would love to have one of those RD-822's cause they have the "look" I prefer, but that's not reality.

Not picking on that vendor at all in prior posts. I'm sure he is a very nice man/person. His concept of reality seems to be a bit off center when it comes to resaling items though. If you read through his initial advertisements they start out as "Please understand I do not own this etc...". Nothing hidden or covered up, just overpriced.

It is like real estate transactions; You want to realize the greatest revenue from the sale of a property. Usually the purchaser "negotiates" an acceptable monetary amount for the transaction to proceed. Most times it is quite a bit less than the initial "asking, or listed" price. Just like automobiles.

Hell, if you were to offer $40,000 each for the trucks, you may be able to barter them up to $60,000 each. You never know. The vendor is a professional reseller and has no interest or care about what happens to the items after the sale is complete and his commission check is received/cleared.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That "E" model ex firetruck is a nice little unit. Too bad it belongs to a place that doesn't like to sell things due to exhorbitant pricing.

Maybe I'm wet but $10,500 seems a little steep to me.

Rob

here's a nice looking unit much cheaper

http://www.truckpape...exact&bcatid=27

That is the one Paul was speaking of for Thad. Looks like it would be a really nice little unit.

Let me offer some advice; "Strap a cup on really tight when you bring it home". This is of course because I'm concerned about your safety.

Rob

That is the one Paul was speaking of for Thad. Looks like it would be a really nice little unit.

Let me offer some advice; "Strap a cup on really tight when you bring it home". This is of course because I'm concerned about your safety.

Rob

It is a good looking unit. Knew i'd seen it somewhere before.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That "E" model ex firetruck is a nice little unit. Too bad it belongs to a place that doesn't like to sell things due to exhorbitant pricing.

Maybe I'm wet but $10,500 seems a little steep to me.

Rob

Very true but If someone finds one for half this price they will feel very good about there

purchase

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Rob

Thanks for the link Rob. I forgot about this unit, I remember it was only something like 1500 and had a company name on the door.

lol about the cup part. I am sure that bad boy rides like a Cadillaclaugh.gif

I found a picture on hanks site of a tri-axle Cruiseliner that might have been a tractor but now has a flatbed. Its in Maryland, not too far from a friends house. That might make a nice project, runs and drives just fine. I will call the owner this week to see what he wants for it.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 3 weeks later...