ETECH 410 won’t start or bleed up.

My 98 CH tipper has been static in the yard for 6 months but always fired when we needed to move it. Went to fire it the other day after I check fuses for no brake lights, then I check the fuse box under bonnet and blew the dust off with air and went to start and it fired straight away and run for a few minutes then slowly shutdown like out of fuel, started a few more times then would not fire. Checked tanks and they were half full, then cracked line to filters and pressurised tank and fuel came out. Primed it and would not become rigid so changed primer and and also found plastic holding return check valve open so I replaced this, and still primer not becoming rigid until I pressured lines, then after I bled them the primer again would not hold pressure....... would this be o rings or one inject o ring failing? 

Find out where that plastic you found in the primer pump is coming from. Had the personal experience of finding a bread bag in a guy’s tank. If it’s a clear bread bag it’s absolutely invisible when submerged in the fuel. 

Also, you need to crack injector lines while pumping the primer to move air out properly. The EUP has an open center that will allow fuel flow with the key off. On the older EUP you want to crack the line at the EUP, not in the head.

Edited by Mack Technician

• 2 weeks later...