New here! B60T project

• 1 month later...

So thankful for my resourceful "crew" - I keep them fed and do what I can at this point - and they do some pretty heavy problem-solving and fabrication work.  Last night my buddy Dru came up with some custom tabs to secure the bottom of the nose to the radiator frame which really stiffened up the front panels.  I don't know what might have been there originally for brackets or bracing, but it was a "floppy chicken" and we just couldn't justify doing nothing and have it vibrate and rattle down the road.  She's not going to be a museum or show piece, but the old girl is going to look good from a few feet and go down the road!  I suspect she'll draw some attention. 😉

• Like 2

As I recall, this was a gas-engined beast.  I will be very curious to see how the fabbed intake works once you can drive it a bit.  Sometimes, keeping the mixture right on all 6 holes can be an issue.  The cylinders on the ends can sometimes see a leaner or richer mixture than the ones in the middle, due to the air flow into the specific intake ports.  Have to check the spark plugs after running a while and see if they are all about the same color.  Hopefully, there are no "lean" holes in there.

Keep up the good work.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."