oil in exhaust manifold

Hi all, I have a 2007 AMI 335 Aset engine. I am doing a cam and lifters but we also had oil leaking out of the joint on the exhaust manifold. Cylinder 1 rollers failed and the bridge for #1 intake dropped off. Im wondering if you guys think the oil in the exhaust could have come from the failure or do you think we need to look at doing the heads? The engine has 280k and had an inframe at about 175k but that was done prior to us owning the truck. It is a cement mixer and has the Mack Power Leash exhaust brake. Any input or thoughts on this are GREATLY appreciated.

So I installed the new cam, lifters, and push exhaust push rods. All parts ordered off vin through PAI. When I was barring the engine over to begin setting valves I heard a loud bang but had no tension on the bar. The bang was the Number 1 exhaust roller shattering. I had all adjusters backed all the way out and when i went up top every single exhaust rocker was super super tight, the number exhaust push rod was bent as well. I took everything back apart all lifters, rods, and the cam itself spec out the same. We have absolutely no idea why this happened. I checked all 12 H-Clips all are good and all lifters float freely in the bore? Can anybody shed some light on this for me PLEASE?? 

17 hours ago, Brad Carpenter said:

are these aset engines zero clearance?

Sounds to me you didn't have the push tube seated in the cup on the lifter! I have had this happen before but got lucky not breaking anything!

2 hours ago, fjh said:

Sounds to me you didn't have the push tube seated in the cup on the lifter! I have had this happen before but got lucky not breaking anything!

ok that does make sense. My engine has the power leash exhaust brake and on the inboard exhaust valves there is a pin and a cup that goes in the bridge, does the cup go over the valve stem or does it go over the pin that goes through the exhaust bridge?

• 4 months later...

im wondering if the tappets for the power leash were installed wrong on all 6... the pin goes up into the rocker and the cap goes on top of it... was the power leash adjusters backed off? that engine has spring loaded push rods on the exhaust, and pinless intakes but also may have pinless exh. bridges too... there is a lot of room for pushrod stroke if all is backed off like you said..