Jump to content
The Vintage Machinist

Trd 670 duplex transmission or parts

Recommended Posts

I am in dire need of a Mack duplex transmission I believe it's a 670 gear that's Integra with the pinion  shaft is stripped. This is for my 1954 h63. Or parts will do I have booked in the parts numbers thank you.

IMG_20200523_172455946.jpg

IMG_20200719_131707842.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! This is wrecker rebuilder in Atlanta. I was checking on my post immediately below yours. I think I may have that thing. I need to go check. I have a duplex out of a junked 1950  fire truck with a broken case. I will look and ne back to you  may take a day or two.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Vintage Machinist said:

I am in dire need of a Mack duplex transmission I believe it's a 670 gear that's Integra with the pinion  shaft is stripped. This is for my 1954 h63. Or parts will do I have booked in the parts numbers thank you.

IMG_20200523_172455946.jpg

IMG_20200719_131707842.jpg

What did the gear on the counter shaft look like that mates with that gear?   terry:MackLogo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, terry said:

What did the gear on the counter shaft look like that mates with that gear?   terry:MackLogo:

Amazingly the teeth just have a little bit of damage on the very edge. What happened was a bearing came apart and went through the gears back there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wrecker Rebuilder said:

Hi! This is wrecker rebuilder in Atlanta. I was checking on my post immediately below yours. I think I may have that thing. I need to go check. I have a duplex out of a junked 1950  fire truck with a broken case. I will look and ne back to you  may take a day or two.  

Thanks!

 Marty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi  again. I looked. This is a TRD duplex. I got it out of a fire truck for the engine. The idiot removed it with an end loader breaking the ears on the transmission case. Is this in the read of the duplux hi/lo shifter or in the transmission itself? This is a TRD  . The part number on an attached plate to the hi/low shifter box is 2227583 if that helps. Never took one apart but this would be a good candidate since the case is busted and probably had little use as a fire truck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrecker Rebuilder said:

Hi  again. I looked. This is a TRD duplex. I got it out of a fire truck for the engine. The idiot removed it with an end loader breaking the ears on the transmission case. Is this in the read of the duplux hi/lo shifter or in the transmission itself? This is a TRD  . The part number on an attached plate to the hi/low shifter box is 2227583 if that helps. Never took one apart but this would be a good candidate since the case is busted and probably had little use as a fire truck. 

Yes it's inside of the high low shift box and that gear is integral with the shaft inside the trans. I will look at the numbers on the housing today.

Thank you

 Marty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wrecker Rebuilder said:

sorry typo thats back of the duplex or in the back of the transmission itself?

Yes and you can leave the bearing on the shaft with it I think mine has the wrong bearing on it....

IMG_20200727_144505871.jpg

IMG_20200727_144439997.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok let me see about getting this apart. i am in Atlanta and you are in california. cost so much on a freight truck you could buy a new truck. i have had real good luck on craigslist rideshare finding people going across the country in pick up trucks or vans wanting extra gas money. i got a mack grill from tucson az to atlanta for $75. everybody was happy.  i can see about taking this apart but you might want to start looking. i post an ad: truck part needs a ride, doesnt have to stop and pee etc. just b s and eventually i find somebody. i am only about 10 miles from the Atlanta airport and I 285 can meet somebody,  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to take this thing apart. Interesting just to figure out how it is put together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wrecker Rebuilder said:

Starting to take this thing apart. Interesting just to figure out how it is put together

Yes I've realized today and you have to take the shift forks and rods out. You can take the high low case off complete, the Hi-Lo fork, the bearing retainer with all the bolts around it, I still haven't got mine apart all the way I think I have to take some clips off the shaft to slide off some gears ..the part I need appears to be the main shaft.

IMG_20200728_172050515.jpg

IMG_20200728_172147301.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 9:00 AM, Wrecker Rebuilder said:

Thanks that helps raining here today so stopped

10-4 thanks for your help btw.

Marty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we actually gpt the back off today. Gear looks like new. Started taking top off case to get internals and the bottom fell out  been raining ever since

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it out finally. Like new. Have all the hardware and bolts  Things weigh 46 pounds. Want to call me 770-486-9258

IMG_20200802_152302.jpg

IMG_20200802_152308.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help customize your user experience here on BMT. You can adjust your cookie settings to your preferences if you like, otherwise we'll assume that you're okay to continue.