One more road trip and a new purchase - Cruiseliner

On 7/26/2020 at 9:45 PM, kscarbel2 said:

Was that an ex-Ryder truck Bob?

Funny you should ask yes that’s just what it was if you were talking about the cruise liner bought it from Mac dealer Oakland California in 1986.... bob

28 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Funny you should ask yes that’s just what it was if you were talking about the cruise liner bought it from Mac dealer Oakland California in 1986.... bob

I had many dealings with that spec........mostly WS767LST's with 350 Cummins, short wheelbase, steel budds, large diameter fuel tanks, and Dayton (Reyco-looking) suspensions. Ryder liked how the Dayton rear hangers had replaceable rubber wear pads (attached with 2 bolts).

Photo 5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 7:11 PM, alex g said:

Great story thanks for sharing. That red and white IH in the first set of pics is same paint scheme as a company out of Quebec. I just can't remember name. Possibly was from there originally

Guilbault from Quebec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

Boy , I can't believe I missed this . 

Thanks for sharing a great story and find with us . Its very impressive that you travel so far for a :mack1:.  

The Cruiseliner has a very good new home now. Congratulations !

You mentioned the bullet type roof marker lights . I'm not sure , but they look like the same roof marker lights on a GMC General . If you would like some dimensions or pics , I could get them for you . 

Thanks again for posting , It was very interesting .

Pic of GMC general roof lights

Keith,

Thank you for the GMC idea. Actually I don't have anything as a sample of such marker excepting interweb images of Cruiseliners equipped with them. My truck has small lights which looks like KW W900 fender lights. And from the web pics it looks like it was a typical setup for Cruiseliner Macks. I found a few offers on NOS ones on flea bay but would prefere to install larger torpedo style markers. Having no sample it turns out we should figure what they are (or were) and than try to find a source. So all ideas are welcome. Good thing or bad but now it's not a need of the day since I'm elbow deep in two other big Mack projects.

Glad to learn you enjoyed the reading.

P.S. If you have a chance to make a look on the GMC markers I'd like to see a big size photo of. Again, no rush.

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

5 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Keith,

Thank you for the GMC idea. Actually I don't have anything as a sample of such marker excepting interweb images of Cruiseliners equipped with them. My truck has small lights which looks like KW W900 fender lights. And from the web pics it looks like it was a typical setup for Cruiseliner Macks. I found a few offers on NOS ones on flea bay but would prefere to install larger torpedo style markers. Having no sample it turns out we should figure what they are (or were) and than try to find a source. So all ideas are welcome. Good thing or bad but now it's not a need of the day since I'm elbow deep in two other big Mack projects.

Glad to learn you enjoyed the reading.

P.S. If you have a chance to make a look on the GMC markers I'd like to see a big size photo of. Again, no rush.

No problem Vlad , I will get you some good pics. It will take me a bit of time , just like you , I'm elbow deep in work and working on my RD685 in my spare time. 

• Like 1

Keith 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 8:22 PM, Nieboer Trucking said:

Hello Vlad, thanks for your story, love it!! I guess the Mack is a formal Haliburton truck. I would travel to Turkey , I heard about more then a few old macks around there. I would looking for the old Ersan macks, but I guess they are scrapped already 

Hello! Unfortunately I have no ideas on the truck's origin. Would be interesting to bother Haliburton for any info or just send a request to Mack museum as beginning. Currently I'm too busy with many things so can't pay attention to the matter well enough.

Interesting entertainment to rifle through Turkey looking for Macks. I was lucky cruising Turkish roads in 2010 with my motorbike. Drove no less than a couple thousand km including streets of Istanbul and Ankara. Was for a couple of weeks there. A score of Macks turned out really poor with only one truck seen at all. It was probably a DM I catched with my eye in a opposite lane of divided interstate highway. Was difficult to recognize the truck riding at 140 km/h and the truck had its own speed too. I had a thought of making a U-turn and catch it but it could worth me up to 100km of extra trip with no result guaranteed. I was told there were many Macks in Turkey earlier but I saw what I saw. The rumors are Iranians found new homes for the most of Turkish Macks.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Brocky said:

Vlad

Glad to see you back.. I can understand some of the problems you are experiencing..

Thanks, Brocky!

Good thing is my problems with presence on the forum was mostly a matter of old 'puter giving up the ghost. But the matters you mean are in the air around indeed.