Best of Biden

Mack Technician

On 4/28/2022 at 10:29 PM, Red Horse said:

You really think that had nothing to do with rising fuel prices?

I know that has nothing to do with rising fuel prices. The price of fuel is just about entirely supply and demand driven where your suppliers and consumers are the entire world. Joe Biden (or any president) can't force domestic producers to pump less or more, he cant force foreign producers to pump less or more, or dictate what they sell it for. He can't force refiners to adjust wages and production costs to further manipulate prices. He also can't drastically change the demand here or globally. Crude, natural gas, and NGLs extracted here don't necessarily get sold or used domestically. Heck, gasoline and diesel fuel refined here may not actually get sold here. Even Joe's direct, "energy friendly" actions such as opening the strategic petroleum reserve and resuming drilling leases on Federal Lands over the past month will not do much of anything to the price of fuel. As I said before under the current globalized commodity system a US president has almost zero control of the price of fuel. Joe Biden did ban Russian crude imports (about 9% of total US crude imports), which will directly affect the price we see at the pump. Though I think you would have to search far and wide to find someone who thinks that was an incorrect decision.

We were exporting fuel under trump.

We were exporting fuel before Trump, during Trump, and are currently exporting fuel. To be clear the United States is the largest oil and gas producer in the world. There is a distinction though between crude oil and other hydrocarbons such as natural gas, NGLs, and refined products, which are collectively known as petroleum products. The US has never in its history been a net exporter of crude oil. It has been steadily trending toward being a net exporter of crude since about 2005, however, the trend slightly reversed in 2020 and 2021 due to pandemic related demand swings, and is now back to trending toward being a net exporter. The US may or may not ever become a net exporter of crude. The US currently is at about a 3.5 million barrel per day deficit of being a net exporter of crude. The US has been a major net exporter of petroleum products since 2009. Midway through 2019 the US became an all in "net exporter" of energy when taking into account both crude and petroleum products combined (in million barrels per day total net trade). The pandemic related supply/demand swings tipped us back to net importer in 2021 and we are now currently back to being a slight net exporter of hydrocarbon energy.

To say nothing of his position on drilling on federal lands, fracking etc.

The Federal Lands thing is a talking point "news" personalities on both sides like to bring up to stir emotion for their base but never really give any context to their statements. If you look at the numbers its a pretty small amount of production. 8% of total US crude production, 9% of US natural gas, and 5% of US NGLs come from wells on Federal and Tribal lands. Moreover, 30 million acres are under lease to oil and gas developers, and of that only 13 million acres are currently producing. Theoretically 17 million acres could be developed before the issue of a Federal Land lease ban would actually mean anything. I live in the epicenter of the Marcellus region. I am starting to see a lot more pneumatic trailers and sand boxes running around again, which means fracking is picking back up. I know this is anecdotal but makes sense since the price of oil has been rising. Joe Biden may have ran on anti fracking rhetoric, but the bottom line is US producers are free to drill for and extract as much as they like and/or see fit. Economics and global supply/demand factors drive their actions. The US president has almost zero control over the global oil supply and how much US producers are pumping and/or developing new wells.

All I can say is you need to look and research elsewhere if you want to know why the price of fuel is what it is. The US President has almost nothing to do with it....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Not sure if I mentioned out in my area X actually gone up it went up $.40 in one day lot of stations are 585 that’s  Way out of control now as I mentioned thank God I don’t have to buy it but I feel sorry for the people that are depending on it to forfill thier contracts and it’s not only truckers lots of folks involved pretty shitty situation but even everything we buy now of have done   is gone way up on account of it so we’re all definitely affected well the working folks anyway Ha ha ha I know are usually don’t come here but it sure is a nice place to vent Happy Saturday fellas I’m going to enjoy it myself

Edited by mowerman
Misspelled

5 hours ago, 67RModel said:

I know that has nothing to do with rising fuel prices. The price of fuel is just about entirely supply and demand driven where your suppliers and consumers are the entire world. Joe Biden (or any president) can't force domestic producers to pump less or more, he cant force foreign producers to pump less or more, or dictate what they sell it for. He can't force refiners to adjust wages and production costs to further manipulate prices. He also can't drastically change the demand here or globally. Crude, natural gas, and NGLs extracted here don't necessarily get sold or used domestically. Heck, gasoline and diesel fuel refined here may not actually get sold here. Even Joe's direct, "energy friendly" actions such as opening the strategic petroleum reserve and resuming drilling leases on Federal Lands over the past month will not do much of anything to the price of fuel. As I said before under the current globalized commodity system a US president has almost zero control of the price of fuel. Joe Biden did ban Russian crude imports (about 9% of total US crude imports), which will directly affect the price we see at the pump. Though I think you would have to search far and wide to find someone who thinks that was an incorrect decision.

We were exporting fuel before Trump, during Trump, and are currently exporting fuel. To be clear the United States is the largest oil and gas producer in the world. There is a distinction though between crude oil and other hydrocarbons such as natural gas, NGLs, and refined products, which are collectively known as petroleum products. The US has never in its history been a net exporter of crude oil. It has been steadily trending toward being a net exporter of crude since about 2005, however, the trend slightly reversed in 2020 and 2021 due to pandemic related demand swings, and is now back to trending toward being a net exporter. The US may or may not ever become a net exporter of crude. The US currently is at about a 3.5 million barrel per day deficit of being a net exporter of crude. The US has been a major net exporter of petroleum products since 2009. Midway through 2019 the US became an all in "net exporter" of energy when taking into account both crude and petroleum products combined (in million barrels per day total net trade). The pandemic related supply/demand swings tipped us back to net importer in 2021 and we are now currently back to being a slight net exporter of hydrocarbon energy.

The Federal Lands thing is a talking point "news" personalities on both sides like to bring up to stir emotion for their base but never really give any context to their statements. If you look at the numbers its a pretty small amount of production. 8% of total US crude production, 9% of US natural gas, and 5% of US NGLs come from wells on Federal and Tribal lands. Moreover, 30 million acres are under lease to oil and gas developers, and of that only 13 million acres are currently producing. Theoretically 17 million acres could be developed before the issue of a Federal Land lease ban would actually mean anything. I live in the epicenter of the Marcellus region. I am starting to see a lot more pneumatic trailers and sand boxes running around again, which means fracking is picking back up. I know this is anecdotal but makes sense since the price of oil has been rising. Joe Biden may have ran on anti fracking rhetoric, but the bottom line is US producers are free to drill for and extract as much as they like and/or see fit. Economics and global supply/demand factors drive their actions. The US president has almost zero control over the global oil supply and how much US producers are pumping and/or developing new wells.

All I can say is you need to look and research elsewhere if you want to know why the price of fuel is what it is. The US President has almost nothing to do with it....

You make some good points, but not one changes the fact we have weak leadership. Anyone who wants to get away with anything is well aware now is the time. Our president and all the administration is either for sale or too apathetic to be concerned with the lower class (everyone else who isn't them) to do anything about it other than write a book or get huge speaking fees.  So in my opinion ? "nothing to do with it"  ??  don't kid yourself

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Ya let’s not forget gasoline was very inexpensive when the king had the helm both overpaid slugs on both sides of him let the shit go way out of control … clearly  both administrations were paid off the king I’m sure told oil tycoons to eat shit since he was already loaded …bob

I'm curious??? All this Dick waving by Biden, and Pelosi and a few others, plus sending equiptment and money to Ukraine to Fight Russia...... Will this get us into a war with Russia and their Ally Nations?  jojo

• Like 2

Bob mentions that diesel went up $.40/gal in one day last week in Nevada, It did the same here or more here in South Carolina!!! Jumped from about $4.65-80 to $ 5.19!!!!! Saturday EVERYBODY in the Greenville SC area was $5.19.. COINCIDENCE???????? 

Brocky

Nope... .04 c more today here in Salisbury, N.C...  $5.29/gal.   I did some book work in the office today..  I aint makin SH!T !!!..  I am only keeping the water out of the boat...  So I guess I should be greatful...  Sure wish I was an "Illegal"..  I'd be fine and laughing at all the Gringo's... Like they do here in central N.C. ..   jojo

• Sad 1

Our Chapter President and his father are in the water and sewer construction business, Saturday he told me they are having to raise their rates along with everybody else, BUT some of his jobs were bid on 6 to 10 months ago and it is very hard to get raises on them..

Brocky

I get it, in a very small way.. some of what I do may take a month or 2,  and the E-6 I have is at 2 years because of priorities,  and prices go up so high, so fast, that my shorter, long jobs, are bid out, and I didnt know that my shop supply cost's were going to go up about 65% on the average, and when shop costs are estimated around $125-$150, per engine,  Solvents, Sealants, Paint, nuts and bolts, gasket paper, shop costs like electricity, welding rods, oxy/acet. cash paid labor, and so on..  and then the price goes up a bunch during the job..  now i have to call my customer and ask for forgiveness.. That sucks!!  I hope I can stay in business full time,  but...    Hell our local harbor Freight is starting at $14.80/hr..  thats about $10/ hr. less than i'm taking in (after costs)right now. without the hassels..  If I could work there, and continue building engines in my shop,  I may actually keep more money...  sorry guys,  I'm a bit stressed...  it's tough at times, being one guy trying to keep trucks rolling..    jojo

18 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I get it, in a very small way.. some of what I do may take a month or 2,  and the E-6 I have is at 2 years because of priorities,  and prices go up so high, so fast, that my shorter, long jobs, are bid out, and I didnt know that my shop supply cost's were going to go up about 65% on the average, and when shop costs are estimated around $125-$150, per engine,  Solvents, Sealants, Paint, nuts and bolts, gasket paper, shop costs like electricity, welding rods, oxy/acet. cash paid labor, and so on..  and then the price goes up a bunch during the job..  now i have to call my customer and ask for forgiveness.. That sucks!!  I hope I can stay in business full time,  but...    Hell our local harbor Freight is starting at $14.80/hr..  thats about $10/ hr. less than i'm taking in (after costs)right now. without the hassels..  If I could work there, and continue building engines in my shop,  I may actually keep more money...  sorry guys,  I'm a bit stressed...  it's tough at times, being one guy trying to keep trucks rolling..    jojo

You need to charge more. Not too many businesses quote anything much over a week anymore.  Customers are used to it at this point. Truck mechanics are in high demand..... don't short yourself

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I agree, but havent figured a reasonable price.  I told 2 of my customers that I was going up to $80/hr..  one said, (yesterday) yeah for your new customers, the one today told me "You can go ahead and pick up your tools now"  .  I finished my work and left, at $65/hr.. but I had a helper to pay today..  I guess I need to make them sweat..  no-one does house calls to do what I do around here..  the cust. I saw today is having me re-build the hendrickson haulmaxx suspension, and all wheel bearings and such, repair 2 lift axles, and set up the air brake system in the rear.  he is converting a Pete 357 from a mixer to a Quad dump truck.. they did hang the lift axles, but need me to do the rest of it, before, sand blasting and then the body company installs the body.. I may do the wet system, but if I cant get paid good, i'm out..  jojo

• Like 2

Saturday I had to make a banzai trip from home (Northeastern Indiana) to Kingsport, TN for a funeral. Since 1999 nearly every August we made  a similar trip to Bristol Motor Speedway. Corbin, KY and a few small fuel stops east of Corbin always had the best GAS prices so we planned out to fuel in that area. This trip I took my diesel pick up truck. 4.999 to 5.579 was the fuel prices down and back (over 900 miles in just over 21 hours). I had plenty of time to think about things. I am not blaming the current administration or the former. I will however blame government. Washington has a plan. A plan to take care of themselves and those who take care of them. Everyone in big business has lobbyists. Lobbyists and Politicians scratch each others backs. There is a very real reason that crude oil and gas are fluctuating and dropping yet diesel continues to raise in price.  Someone want's inflation to continue to move on a record pace for some reason. The most simple way to quietly push inflation is to push up the price of diesel because someone has to eat that. That someone is the end consumer (me & you). This quietly creates inflation and it's in an area that the consumer never questions because they don't realize that if they stop at the very moment that they are reading this and do a 360* look around the room they are in every single item they see was on a diesel powered truck at some point.  

• Like 1

I may be wrong, BUT I think the majority of the "Supply Chain" problems which are driving inflation up are caused by the greedy Wall Street money jockeys who have driven American manufacturing overseas just to get a good looking bottom line. I can only hope that the Ukraine situation does not morph into WW 3 as America does NOT have the manufacturing base to survive that we had in 1940.

• Like 1

Brocky

Well Our king just sent 90 Howitzers, and 80,000 rounds,,  or was it 18,000? i just forgot..  To Ukraine..  I guess he is trying to arm the world with our weapons.  I bet he sends some to N. Korea, and Iran next.  I think China has plenty.. Afghanistan, got a bunch from us...  oh well..  This is an insane time in our countries life.  jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed
  • Sad 1

On 5/2/2022 at 10:14 AM, Red Horse said:

Read my post again....

"Just curious.  We were exporting fuel under trump.  There was a positive attitude during Trumps term toward energy.  Biden runs on a platform and makes no bones about eliminating fossil fuels -largely to placate the progressives and the green platform. To say nothing of his position on drilling on federal lands, fracking etc.

I read it several times and think I addressed most of it in my previous post: The USA is the largest oil & gas producer in the world. As of mid 2019 we export more barrels of hydrocarbon energy (total net trade) than we import aside from a slight reversal during the pandemic. We are back to exporting more than we are importing. The trend toward being a net exporter started in 2005 with the proliferation of the slikwater fracking technique and has rapidly picked up pace to the present. The current and previous 3 presidents had no hand in this as the energy in this country is privately owned and managed. Energy on federal lands is leased to private companies for extraction and sale, which I also previously addressed.

At the start of 2020 energy prices were abnormally cheap due to the Saudi - Russian price war nobody talks about that flooded the market with dirt cheap crude. Trump had no control over this. The pandemic slowed demand drastically forcing prices even lower. Prices were on the rise starting in August of 2020 (well before the election or a Biden win was eminent) as the World's economies started to reopen and demand has picked up ever since. Now you are seeing prices drastically higher than the current demand would normally dictate all else being equal. The global supply has been drastically reduced due to world leaders and private brokers cancelling Russian energy. Again all outside of the President's control.

It's all supply and demand based. Traders and brokers make decisions based on facts and data - not far fetched rhetoric they know is completely false. To put it your way I think you are dreaming if you think Joe Biden's energy hostile rhetoric has anything to do with energy prices.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 67RModel said:

I read it several times and think I addressed most of it in my previous post: The USA is the largest oil & gas producer in the world. As of mid 2019 we export more barrels of hydrocarbon energy (total net trade) than we import aside from a slight reversal during the pandemic. We are back to exporting more than we are importing. The trend toward being a net exporter started in 2005 with the proliferation of the slikwater fracking technique and has rapidly picked up pace to the present. The current and previous 3 presidents had no hand in this as the energy in this country is privately owned and managed. Energy on federal lands is leased to private companies for extraction and sale, which I also previously addressed.

At the start of 2020 energy prices were abnormally cheap due to the Saudi - Russian price war nobody talks about that flooded the market with dirt cheap crude. Trump had no control over this. The pandemic slowed demand drastically forcing prices even lower. Prices were on the rise starting in August of 2020 (well before the election or a Biden win was eminent) as the World's economies started to reopen and demand has picked up ever since. Now you are seeing prices drastically higher than the current demand would normally dictate all else being equal. The global supply has been drastically reduced due to world leaders and private brokers cancelling Russian energy. Again all outside of the President's control.

It's all supply and demand based. Traders and brokers make decisions based on facts and data - not far fetched rhetoric they know is completely false. To put it your way I think you are dreaming if you think Joe Biden's energy hostile rhetoric has anything to do with energy prices.  

You really believe Russia isn't selling oil anywhere ?  It's no wonder you defend biden

• Like 1
  • Like 1