DPF Retrofit

Red Horse

12 hours ago, Red Horse said:

So I figure saw cut 18" wide trench, 3' deep and an 8' x 15' x 8" floating pad.  Under 3 yds of concrete.  Floating slab works as genset is typical  Generac skid.  Plus I'm 99% sure power lead from Genset feeds adjacent distribution panel that feeds all proper building circuits.  So trench contains the new power feed to that panel as well as what ever control wiring is needed.  The physical move?  Big hydraulic crane sits in middle and its one pick and swing.  10g should be more than enough.

Stay tuned.  Typical small town bullshit.

I am thinking 10-15k but yes this sounds to be a reasonable course of action. 

I would still be banging the war drum and wanting to know who dropped the ball when it was first installed. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Is the generator wet stacked?

When they do the test is the generator under load?

A diesel generator needs to be run at around a 66% load to avoid wet stacking.

Running it 20 minutes a week probably is not long enough to get any heat in the engine.

As we all know diesels do smoke when they are cold.

Generac only requires that a generator be 5 feet away from the building and recommends that it is down wind of any fresh air intakes.

There may be dampers on the existing fresh air intakes that are not functional or they could be set up to close only when the generator transfers power to the building.

The Problem could be as simple as a window is left open that should be closed.

Before spending 57G all the potential areas need to be looked at.

Here is a quick list

Start with the generator to make sure it is operating correctly and not wet stacked or has some other issue.

Is the generator correctly sized for the building and is it being maintained according to the manufacturers recommendations

Do air sampling to determine is this is a real or perceived issue

Review the plans and specifications for the building to make shore nothing has changed in the 10 years

Have the hvac system inspected to make shore it is operating correctly and has not been altered

Check the fresh air intake system for the building