America has a Silent Black Majority

Red Horse

2 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

There's been little to no public housing built in the last four decades, and much of what existed has been torn down.

And the very same families are STILL living in them 4 decades later!

Shortly after I got on the job, we responded to a call where a 15 year old was having her first child.  Her 30 year old mother was there, as was her 45 year old grandmother, the actual occupant of the apartment.  Fifteen years later, we returned to the same apartment where the "baby" from 15 years before was having her first child.  All of the previous ladies were there, as were several other children of various ages.  "Grandma" was now Great Grandma.  Shortly after I retired, the guys returned to that same apartment, once again for a 15 year old girl having her first baby!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Maxidyne said:

Back to the original subject of the thread... Black voters are something of a silent majority in that they're more conservative, especially on social issues, than the rest of the democratic party. That's probably because a lot of blacks would be republicans, but the republican party has so embraced white supremacy in recent years that they've been chased to the democratic party. There are a lot of other groups like high income tech workers, asians, and gays that would have sided with the republican party on economic issues alone that the republicans have driven into voting democratic. This is the ruin of a republican party that Trump will leave behind, a minority party of old white men.

"Black voters are something of a silent majority in that they're more conservative"???

Not here in the South!  My job had about 80 employees.  Roughly equal numbers of blacks and whites, along with one Korean, a couple latino's and an Italian from NYC named Sal.   Out of all the black folks, both male and female, only ONE was a conservative.  But you might be on to something.  Guess where he is from?

Minneapolis!

• Haha 1

There's been little to no public housing built in the last four decades, and much of what existed has been torn down.

Not here in Southern California.

I have not seen any public housing torn down.

You can’t tear any housing down without replacing it.

I have seen a some poor management where former military bases we’re supposed to be converted but because they were left unoccupied and without real security the tweakers trashed them .

What I have seen is the government is renting large numbers of private housing in the desert areas for welfare recipients and this has destroyed some areas.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

In Minnesota and many states UI is capped at 2/3rds of previous wage, with an additional $600 a week during the current crisis. Even two decades ago I didn't crawl outa bed for less than $20 and hour, and in an area like Chicago you need to offer at least $25 an hour. Sounds like you need to raise your wages...

Our mixer drivers are at $30 an hour.  With health insurance, retirement program, uniforms, paid vacations and holidays.  We are about $5 -10 an hour behind “union” shops, but they don’t have the perks we have.   At least that’s what our guys tell me    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

Yes, the top1% of earners pay 39% of the income tax revenue collected, and the top 10% of earners pay 70%.

The bottom 50% paid in only 3% of the tax revenues collected.

Thank you for highlighting the income inequality we have in the U.S..

14 hours ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

getting free healthcare and paying no taxes while making millions is a libtard fairytale.

12 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

Do I need to explain to you how it's done?

11 hours ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

Yep

11 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

Back to the original subject of the thread...

HAHAHAHaaa..... I think I just felt the hernia mesh rip!!1322EC3F-0C67-42E3-BB4D-CB5E1C2C2A5F.gif.c61772bfacd344005ef178629e304b2c.gif

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Haha 2

Thank you for highlighting the income inequality we have in the U.S..

Spoken like a true liberal union drone.

The truth is nobody on this forum is in the bottom 50% unless they want to be.

Taxes only show reported income

The bottom 50% is comprised of welfare recipients, minimum wage workers, people working under the take and some small businesses.

The 50% to 90% is comprised of small business, trades people, union workers, professionals (such as doctors, lawyers, engineers and surveyors)

What this does prove is the rich minority pay the bulk of the taxes in the US.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Quickfarms said:

Spoken like a true liberal union drone.

The truth is nobody on this forum is in the bottom 50% unless they want to be.

Taxes only show reported income

The bottom 50% is comprised of welfare recipients, minimum wage workers, people working under the take and some small businesses.

The 50% to 90% is comprised of small business, trades people, union workers, professionals (such as doctors, lawyers, engineers and surveyors)

What this does prove is the rich minority pay the bulk of the taxes in the US.

Considering the tax revenue I see flowing out of my employers hand at the IRS’s dealing table......I don’t care what “He” (The theoretical) pays on his personal income. I’ve witnessed three extortions by our state against my employer. The last was a fish ladder fiasco . DNR needed money so they called and said “we need you to install a fish ladder at your hydro dam. If you don’t want to you can pay a one time penalty of $75,000”. They paid it. Companies get screwed over and over and over and have to tolerate it. 

• Sad 1

Here's Pew's latest on the subject, they find blacks are more conservative than white democrats, with Hispanic democrats mostly in between. Conventional wisdom would suggest these blacks and Hispanics would affiliate with the more conservative republican party, but the republican party's racism has driven them to the democrats. Something similar is going on with women, with women seeing the republican party as unfriendly to them, resulting in an over 20% gender gap as white women migrate to the republican party. And yes, I could have lied to you with facts, but instead I presented some real facts that support the original poster's argument.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/02/27/5-facts-about-black-democrats/

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Maxidyne said:

And yes, I could have lied to you with facts, but instead I presented some real facts that support the original poster's argument.

14 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

Now who am I to believe- A recognized pollster like Pew or you?

So, why did you ask "Who am I to believe" if the Pew poll supports what the OP argued in the first place?

BTW nice that you used real facts because your usual fake facts can be problematic.

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Situational facts.....Consider Biden recently claiming 120 million died from Covid. 🤷🏿‍♂️ Whatever fits the narrative and makes’em gasp when you need’em to gasp.

“Hunter........fetch your ol’man a nice cold glass of bleach, Donald finally suggested something that makes sense”. 

• Like 1