New 911

Red Horse

God love you and thanks for doing that I hang around with A retired sheriff . But I never have really had any issues with police and a highway patrol in California are absolutely wonderful  truckers get away with murder out on most of their highways if you’re under 65 they just drove right by no complaints at all with Law enforcement at least all the ones I run across..... hats off to all of them... bob

Minneapolis cops aren't so noble- Free coffee wasn't enough for them, they had a plainclothes cop who drove around in an unmarked and collected "donations" from bakeries and other businesses. Bars and after hours clubs were expected to make payments and got raided if they didn't. Driving company trucks they didn't bother us much, but one day I had a rental and got pulled over by a Minneapolis cop and accused of driving on a parkway where trucks were banned. That street ran along a park, but it was a designated truck route!

Just sounds like he had nothing To do at the time oh ordinarily don’t have trouble with the heat at all  But that’s the way most Law abiding citizens are we’re too busy working and paying taxes to tangle with the law but I expect instead of offing that piece of trash.... some think the system should have treated him to dinner and drinks for his fine efforts... bob

• Like 1

i have run into officers that were having bad days. and some that were just pricks. 

but i am still polite to them. i was once in their shoes and know what it is like. 

and ya know what? even the askwholes that gave me tickets remembered me come court day and agreed with prosecutor to cut me slack.

what always stuck out was me offering to shake their hand when we were done and telling them to be safe and wishing that had a good rest of their day.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

22 hours ago, mowerman said:

Just sounds like he had nothing To do at the time oh ordinarily don’t have trouble with the heat at all  But that’s the way most Law abiding citizens are we’re too busy working and paying taxes to tangle with the law but I expect instead of offing that piece of trash.... some think the system should have treated him to dinner and drinks for his fine efforts... bob

Are you talking about Mr. Floyd?

I experienced that too. Got an unfair traffic ticket. Decided to play Colombo and represent myself. I went to court against the police officer and he told the Judge I acted “cordially toward him”. I won, ticket dropped. I think it’s a courtroom prerequisite for you potentially getting leniency if the officer confirms you were cooperative and treated them respectfully. 

• Like 2

Hey driver told me one time you write your own tickets ahahahahaha it’s perfect sense to me...  frankly I’ve gotten way more breaks than write ups You’ll get out of the truck throwing your  arms around there is a ticket right there .... bob