What the F... is wrong ?????

B MACK

Statistics can be manipulated to prove almost any outcome. The statistics are even more questionable when trying to estimate the number of cases. Now that testing is readily available we could actually have close to the real number of cases and the rest is just a liberal Democrat scare tactic. There is no way to know for shore since all the doom and gloom projections have not happened.

• Like 1

Flu mortality is about .1%, Current COVID-19 count is almost 3 million cases and almost 130 thousand dead, that's over 4% mortality: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html.

Another Times article that puts the pandemic's mortality in perspective: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/10/world/coronavirus-history.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxidyne said:

Flu mortality is about .1%, Current COVID-19 count is almost 3 million cases and almost 130 thousand dead, that's over 4% mortality: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html.

Another Times article that puts the pandemic's mortality in perspective: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/10/world/coronavirus-history.html

Now tell, as Paul Harvey used to say, the REST of the story!  The flu gets its .1% death rate by assuming the total number of cases, NOT actual lab-confirmed cases. The China Virus death rate is only including confirmed positive tests, as well as unconfirmed-but-presumed deaths. In other words, for the common flu they inflate the denominator. With the kung flu, they limit the denominator while inflating the numerator.  Lets see the death rates using the same standards. We won't, because it wouldn't fit the narrative that this is some super-deadly mega-threat to humanity.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Your liberal cities are broke ,they suffer from high crime and all the racial crap is in liberal cities please tell me how you are so much better off than us country people, we get along fine with the blacks and Mexicans our small city is not broke and our crime rate very low, what have you got to offer that is better ???  the Democrat party stands for corruption and  lies, your entire we love America is BS, you are the KKK you are the party of you have to vote for it to see what's in it, Obama said the most open and honest Government then went on to use the IRS against Conservatives, your party used the FBI to spy on a duly elected president you are the party of Mayor Daley and  Marion Barry convicted doper, how about Chappaquiddick, how about Waco when your AG burned down a building with children in it, yes you have a lot to offer, like I have said you are a taker a user  not a builder  you have built nothing you need to be seen not heard.     

• Like 2

BMT members: The lively discussion is fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion and the right to share it. Recently I (and I assume other moderators) have received some emails about some of the threads, this one included, getting out of hand.  As long as no one makes this personal and does not make TRULY derogatory comments about one another I feel this thread and others can continue.  Perhaps at some point Barry might feel the need to pull the plug & I back anything he does 100%.

So please continue with your discussions but be civil. 

Thank you.

Once again the boat sailed and your still standing on the dock ?? me thinks I know why unions are so popular ? there are benefits to not being the brightest light bulb, first if your to know nothing than any time you do any thing above pure stupidity your are rewarded and if you have  been eating baked dog food all your life and been told it was meatloaf you won't know the difference.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, david wild said:

Once again the boat sailed and your still standing on the dock ?? me thinks I know why unions are so popular ? there are benefits to not being the brightest light bulb, first if your to know nothing than any time you do any thing above pure stupidity your are rewarded and if you have  been eating baked dog food all your life and been told it was meatloaf you won't know the difference.   

Yep, dim bulbs always end up with union jobs or working for their local gov. It's a haven for dipshits. Only job they can hold down.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Actually, it works the opposite- The union jobs have the best combination of pay and benefits, so they attract the best workers. Almost every time I've applied for a union or government job there's been at least 10 times as many applicants as positions, applying for nonunion jobs often anyone who met the minimum requirements was hired. 

• Haha 1